Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Itchy scalp
02-26-2013, 11:11 AM,
Itchy scalp
Hey everyone! Ok so I have researched EVERYWHERE and just wanted to ask if any of you have experiences/solutions. My scalp gets really itchy even WITHOUT a hair piece but is almost unbearable with one. I don't get dandruff at all. Just iritation and itchiness. I know a full head bond is supposed to help, but since I itch even without the unit I don't think it is the root cause. Anything any of you have tried that helps treat that? I've tried tons of dandruff shampoos but they don't seem to be helping. Any other options? It's hard with a piece because I can't scratch my scalp beneath it! It's killing me!
02-26-2013, 12:59 PM,
RE: Itchy scalp
Hair Scare,
Southern Guy is right. If you have an itchy scalp even without a hair piece on it's a good idea to see a dermatologist. We don't recommend full head bonds. For newbies that are unfamiliar with the term 'full head bond' it means that all of the base of the hair piece is bonded to the head. Most hair wearers just bond the perimeter of the unit to the head. This is sufficient in almost all cases as the tapes and glues used today are strong.
Good luck!
John
http://www.toplace.com/
02-27-2013, 02:18 AM,
If itching is your problem though, a perimeter-only bond will worsen the issue, as all those knots and hairs that have pulled through to the underside will tickle and itch your scalp. I've done a full head bond with a non-toxic white glue for years and never had itching.
03-03-2013, 02:41 PM,
@hairenough: is this the white glue you can order from various sites or have you found a convenient alternative I may be able to buy locally?