Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poly with Gauze Base
02-22-2013, 06:09 AM,
Poly with Gauze Base
Hi Everyone,

In a recent thread where we were discussing thin skin bases, Johnny/Albuquerque mentioned that poly w/gauze was his favorite choice of base for a topper. That reminded me that I actually had one of those units a long time ago, and if memory serves me right, it was one of the most realistic units I've worn as far as looking and acting much like my own natural head of hair used to when I still had it.

A downside I remember I didn't like so much was that "scratchy" sound it made whenever you touched/combed the base, but a bigger problem with it was when I worked out or sweated a lot the bottom part of my hair below the topper would usually become soaking wet while the top stayed dry, which looked totally strange.

Just wanted to ask Johnny (or anyone else) that likes this type of base how it compares to and/or why it might be a better choice than a the regular .08 or .03 thin skin bases. Is it only V-looped or can it be injected? (My old one was V-looped.)

I've been wearing either French or SFS exclusively for over a decade, but I'm seriously thinking of trying out one of the thin skin type bases again for a change since a lot of people say how much they love them and how easy the maintenance can be using Got2B for attachment.

Any advice or feedback to help me make a decision would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
02-22-2013, 08:09 PM,
RE: Poly with Gauze Base
rscout,

I also want to try a thin skin base. What I do know is that the .08 one has injected hair but on the 0.03, the hair is V-looped because it is so thin.

I think you are talking about the monofilament bases. That was all that I wore for years and they were not bad. They did make a sound when you brushed them but were nowhere as light as the lace bases.
02-23-2013, 07:23 AM,
RE: Poly with Gauze Base
Mono bases today get a bad press but they aren't actually all that bad.
The one thing I did like about the mono bases were that they held the scalp shape very well and didn't shed as much as the lace bases.
I order all Swiss now and prefer the lightness of it and also the ability for it to disappear very well
against the skin but I would have no qualms about ordering a mono base again.