Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My lucky escape? (An appointment with Richard Farrell)
08-01-2009, 11:30 PM,
Re: My lucky escape? (An appointment with Richard Farrell)
Hi Jake,

I'm near Folkestone, Kent. Where are you mate?[/quote]

im in near manchester . thought ya was from up this way m8
08-02-2009, 12:34 AM,
jake1980 Wrote:im in near manchester . thought ya was from up this way m8

No our kid, I'm from London originally but now reside on the English riviera :lol: Last time I was in Manchester was to visit my hub caps :lol: Only kidding mate. Last time was to visit The Smiths shrine at Salford boys club, great stuff!

All the best!
08-02-2009, 03:27 AM,
I was a Farrell customer for years and met him numerous times. He doesn't wear a hair piece. At least he didn't back then. This was only a few years ago and he had a thick, full head of hair. His wife's brother used to shave his head and wear a piece even though he didn't need one to help sell potential customers on how undetectable they were. Maybe Richard's now doing the same? That would really surprise me, but if you say you saw lace...

On a side note, my most vivid memory of Richard is him calling my mother a tramp. I get so upset with myself when I think of all the money I gave to that company.
08-02-2009, 03:55 AM,
Bunglebonce Wrote:
jake1980 Wrote:No our kid, I'm from London originally but now reside on the English riviera :lol: Last time I was in Manchester was to visit my hub caps :lol: Only kidding mate. Last time was to visit The Smiths shrine at Salford boys club, great stuff!

All the best!

ok i fetch your wheel trims back lol Smile .... ........... oh the smiths not a big fan but i do like some of there stuff...
08-02-2009, 05:32 AM,
i find this post suspicious because he *doesn't* wear a hairpiece. He's blessed with great hair.
08-02-2009, 12:30 PM,
just a side note, I have seen richard farrell say numerous times, even on talk shows that he does not wear a hair system. So if your story is true, i guess he lied.
08-02-2009, 05:41 PM,
Why are we disputing what he said he saw? That's not the point right? I'm sure he isn't making things up, so why are we persecuting him??

To answer your question, yes I honestly believe you made a fortunate escape. The way he kept going "ooops, I'll make that bigger" should show you that that's probably what their customer service is going to be like. Their mission statement is: "Oops, we did it again"...at their customers' expense.

$2000 for a couple of units, is not worth it. You've just saved $2000, consider yourself lucky!!!

Congratulations on discovering Toplace!

Leamon
08-03-2009, 02:13 AM,
hi jake
I live in Manchester...Followfield...
Where do u live in Manchester?
08-03-2009, 06:09 AM,
NotGuilty Wrote:i find this post suspicious because he *doesn't* wear a hairpiece. He's blessed with great hair.

You cynical devil you! I have no agenda, no gripes with Farrell, no axes to grind. I can only tell you what I saw with my own two eyes. R.F was wearing a piece. I could'nt have been mistaken cos I was as closer to his head than I am to my computer screen this very second. I liked his hairstyle for sure but dawg nammit, he was wearing, unless my eyes were seriously deceiving me. :?

I googled Farrell and found a page on his website where he states 'I have a full head of hair'. I'm not doubting him but on the occasion we met he had a hair piece on.

I remember him joking with me and saying 'She (his wife, who was with us in the hotel room) does'nt like seeing him without his HP on.

Anyway, I know what I saw, however if you want some food for thought take a look at this pic-link and tell me what you think. Man with a glorious full head of hair, or a piece????

Hope this link is OK by you mods?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Mm8cUQHFakw/SBPeNnlqZhI/AAAAAAAAC4c/nSjsQbKgzh0/Trade%2BShow%2B007.jpg&imgrefurl=http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ineZ9PDowXahWrbmX1ZCUA&usg=__4gItWjfHsj4cFgWkEUSlPPUZgE0=&h=768&w=1024&sz=13&hl=en&start=7&um=1&tbnid=OmZo21m8thS8BM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Drichard%2Bfarrell%26imgsz%3Dxga%26imgtbs%3Dz%26as_st%3Dy%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4HPEA_enGB337GB337%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1">http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... N%26um%3D1</a><!-- m -->
08-03-2009, 06:18 AM,
Xeon005 Wrote:just a side note, I have seen richard farrell say numerous times, even on talk shows that he does not wear a hair system. So if your story is true, i guess he lied.

To say he lied, if my story is true, is too strong. He may have been road testing one of his HP's and shaved his head by way of demonstration, I dun know mate. Tis a veritable mystery!

I did'nt wish to open a can of worms or stir up a hornets nest here, rather convey my experience of meeting R.F. and my relief at not parting with an awful lot of money.

All the best.