Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 months of wearing
02-21-2013, 03:51 AM,
3 months of wearing
Wanted to give review of expereince with hair replacement so far (3 months). My first unit was poly. It was good overall except poly on front is not a great idea. The plus is the glue works very well and I get a solid two weeks without removing. I can tell you I look so much better and I get alot more positive looks from women. I catch alot more women checking me out. Regardless, my wife thinks I look great and years younger.

I ordered a second unit as all lace. Now I got problems. Nothing sticks/holds so far. I have tryed blue tape, Ultrahold and safe grip. NONE of them work more then 6 days. I am not into super high maintenance. I want to put in on and be able to wash twice per week and get 2 weeks without removal. What glue or tape might work on lace?
02-21-2013, 04:18 AM,
RE: 3 months of wearing
Hi Matthew,
Glad to hear about your positive experience in starting out wearing hair. We have a thinner all poly unit called the New Generation base (TL 700). It's much thinner and has an excellent hair line---as good as a SFS lace unit. Just a suggestion in case you want to try another all poly unit. As for the tape and glue holding to the lace unit, sounds like the bottom of the base needs to be cleaned so that any residue is removed and you get clean lace to adhere to. Just take a soft cloth and dip it in either alcohol, Lace Release, or even the suds from Dawn dishwashing soap and swab the bottom of the base on the lace unit. This will remove residue and give you a strong bond.
Regards,
John
http:www.toplace.com/
02-21-2013, 05:41 AM,
Try Extendabond/Proflex, it lasts a good 10 days longer for me than blue tape.
02-21-2013, 05:52 AM,
I personally havent tried it but plan to... Stickit tape gets good reviews and easy clean up. Amazing what a little hair on top can do for you aint it !!
02-21-2013, 06:49 AM,
Actually I have the proflex. Its not holding a week. I will try cleaning better but it is basically new. Any other glue recommendations?
02-21-2013, 07:03 AM,
I havent used glues...just pro flex mini tapes and super tape. I usually only get a weeks wear out of those. Thats why I mentioned the Stickit tape to try. But as they say, everybody is different. What last a week for some may last 2 weeks for others.
02-21-2013, 07:17 AM,
Proflex should definitely last longer than a week. I get 3 weeks. It might be your prep. Have you tried Walker Scalp Protector?
02-21-2013, 07:19 AM,
Yes, I have scalp protector. It is holding in back and sides mostly. Its the front that is coming up. I have proflex tape with ultra hold only on front. The ultrahold is loose and the tape near by is giving up too. How good can you make it look with all proflex, even in front?
02-21-2013, 09:17 AM,
use orwg,(oil resistant white glue) iv never used anything else.
golden rule time.
*make sure both surfaces are megga clean,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*and dry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i cant stress the above to much.

*personally i get a rocksolid hold with orwg, love it,
depends on individuals body chemistry i:e sweat release oil build up.

there are many adhesives tapes, it about finding a one that matches youre body chemistry.

use youre finger nail to gently scrape adhesive away from scalp,
use a fine toothed comb with alchol release ect,(on scalp)

sellotape is great for removing adhesive.

i wear up to 3-4 weeks, partial hair system and do front side touch ups prob once a week fortnight. wearing medium skin.
started with poly sides back , lace middle front,( sfsl)
wash youre hands soap and water to get ridd of the natural oils swaet which could affect the bond.

applying the adhesive above, leave for 15 mins ,time it, dont guess, make a note of the start time on paper. it will turn transparent
then place youre system hair.

in a month ill buy my third unit, med skin again.
lasts me 12 months.
02-21-2013, 09:33 AM,
WOW !!!!....you get 12 mo out of a unit ? All med. skin ? What is sellotape? I need to switch to what you ware !!!