Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Look Ridiculous
02-23-2013, 07:35 AM,
RE: You Look Ridiculous
Wow! That's cringe worthy! Were you guys at least successfully masking your baldness or were you just fooling yourselves? The guy I made this post about was definitely just fooling himself as it was immediately apparent to anybody who saw him within 50 feet!
02-23-2013, 08:26 AM,
It starts out disguising the hairloss in the early stages, then as you lose more hair, you add more concealer.
I always avoided getting my picture taken at the time, but there are a few and you can see it getting worse & worse until (as I said) it was 70% concealer & 30% hair.
At the time its a gradual thing so you're not THAT aware of it, but I wouldn't have known what else to do but wear a hat.

So that guy you saw is probably the same.
It started out with just moving the parting a bit and then over time it got more and more until its more obvious than being bald.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dino, its the best thing isn't it? NO MORE CONCEALERS! One of the REAL benefits of wearing!
02-23-2013, 01:10 PM,
Yea, the guy I saw did the exactly the same thing. Gotta hand it to him though , it was a real work of art !! He was just fooling himself. Like you say even a bad toupee would have been an improvement. I hate loosing hair but I'm way to lazy to spend that amount of time it had to take him everyday. I just wore a hat everywhere. Maybe by now he has come to the light !!
02-23-2013, 08:57 PM,
as ridiculous as it seems for someone to be walking around with a comb over like that it is exactly as Hersute says. he will have started out merely moving one bit one side, parting it differently, growing one section a little longer.

i'm guilty of doing this myself although I'm nowhere near as far down the line as the poor guy you saw (at least i hope i'm not). I started by combing the hair down at the sides to cover my receeding hairline and once you've started to try and disguise the baldness to ANY extent there is no easy place to stop doing that. the more time and effort you take to disguise it the more, the more bald you are in reality so the transition most people go through from losing some hair to shaving it all off becomes harder and harder because you've got so good at disguising it that nobody would think you've lost so much hair. so you carry on concealing and disguising because you've now missed the boat in terms of shaving it off and it being an easy transition. in a lot of ways that's why i've chosen to wear (ordered my first custom this week) because despite telling myself since i was 18 that if it got too bad i would just shave it off, here I am at 30 still using consealers, still combing it strategically, still locking it down with hairspray so that it doesn't move about in the wind and still cutting it myself in order to grow certain bits longer.

Thank god I came across this place because no matter how much I may laugh at these people myself and think how ridiculous they look and why they don't just give in, chances are i could have been one of them in another 5 years because it was just too damn difficult to shave it off.
02-24-2013, 12:29 AM,
i could ditto every word you typed.
i used concealler way past the stage it was intended for,
there wasa virtually nothing left for it to bind to.

what the hell was i thinking, i know, dillusion,

many folk looked up at my hairline,do they think youre blind, or so socialy unaware you dont notice thease visual cues.

no one ever says youre hair looks bad but there actions do.

i was self conscioues but it was a better feeling than being naked and bald,

i 100% agree with

im comming to the end of my second hair system , 2nd year
time for a new peice after 12 months.

will ave to contact the salon in a few days
02-24-2013, 12:33 AM,
Yorkie..We all went through that same process, some went to more extremes than others. We all have one thing in common, we all HATED loosing our hair ! I tried shaving my hair... didnt work. Some guys look really good that way, I just wasnt one of them. It great now days you can have some affordable DIY hair that looks good and not have to pay huge $$$$ through the nose to a salon or a hair club. You have great forums like this one with helpful people who have been in your shoes and will help with any questions. Ware on !!!
02-24-2013, 10:08 AM,
I'm posting this picture to give you an idea of what I saw. No... It wasn't this bad but the premise was very similar to the photo! Basically it was the same idea minus the "clown" factor. Take this picture and turn the seriousness degree up a couple of notches.

[Image: 26e8f7641b695647fc53.jpg]
02-24-2013, 12:26 PM,
Really dont know why black guys would do that. They can get away with being bald and look good doing it. Some white guys can do it but not to many. Mr. Clean comes to mind. Oh yea, he aint a real dude.
02-24-2013, 09:49 PM,
well those that would suit it maybee dont like that look, its all about self perception,misconception.
regards comb overs ect .

i think hair is a very emotional subject
and feelings come into perception strongly, they dictate to a huge degree youre choices.

youre not using a lot of logic when youre covering up hair loss youre being emotional,

and hell i dont blame anyone who has a comb over it may look drastic but if it comforts you.

been there with concealers.

everyone was logical @ 18 says many years from now if i go bald ill shave it all off.
yeah some will some wont. easir seid than done.

anty Smile
02-25-2013, 07:39 AM,
Silver I know that feel! I see a black guy that went bald and just shaved his head and it looks perfect! You dont even think about it twice, like when you see a white guy trying to do the same and it just doesn't go. I have secret envy inside and cant help but to think how lucky they have it.

Anty, you hit this right on the nose. It's a very emotional subject! It's a feeling of such helplessness, that you cant do anything about it! So people that are acting on emotion dont always make the best sound judgements.