Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Look Ridiculous
02-20-2013, 04:35 PM,
You Look Ridiculous
Yesterday I saw a guy mid twenties that clearly lost all his hair from his forehead to a little over half back, probably around the ears. He had grown the hair on the back of his head really long and combed it all the way forward. Basically it was a comb over coming from the rear forward and you can see streaks of his shiny scalp shining through!

I paused I looked at this man and it just dawned on me!!! If you are going to subject yourself to looking like this and are desperately trying to hold on to your looks... Wearing a hairpiece cannot possibly be worse then this. For people that are on the fence, I wish you could have felt what I did yesterday. It was a moment of truth, it was a moment that the sun shined on me. I thought to myself, If I was him I would run to get a decent hairpiece cause this was so terrible that if this man went and put on a hairpiece and announced it loudly everyone would agree that it was a major improvement.
02-21-2013, 01:04 AM,
RE: You Look Ridiculous
Please, please, please tell me you had bits of experimental lace glued to your knees and forearms when you made this observation and had your epiphany???!!!

Seriously though, you make a point that rings true to me.
The thought of wearing a wig was so repellant to me that I went on using concealers for too many years which, when I look back made me look freakish.
It was like 70% concealer & 30% hair!!
But I had such a stigma ingrained in me about wearing a wig and what it said about me.
Even though my hair looked terrible, I seemed to find conciliation in the fact that it was still my own.

Once I started wearing and people started complimenting me on how much better I looked (without them actually realising it was the hair) I gradually changed my attitude.
But it took some time to eradicate my feeling of 'being fake'.
My attachments got better and I learned how to style it and work with it and my confidence grew and the compliments increased.

But if someone had told me this would happen BEFORE I started wearing, I don't think I would have believed them.
I got forced in to wearing to cover my transplants and in a way, I'm grateful for that, otherwise I'd still be wearing a hat.
02-21-2013, 01:34 AM,
Yes...I have seen the same thing !!! I know it took him no telling how long to achieve that silly look... I wanted to hand him a card that tells him there is a better solution to his hair loss!!
02-21-2013, 08:20 PM,
"Please, please, please tell me you had bits of experimental lace glued to your knees and forearms when you made this observation and had your epiphany???!!!"

Why would you make a comment like that? Do you feel better about yourself mocking someone over the internet? I mean if it truly makes you feel better continue! Mock to your hearts desire!

Basically what I learned from my limited experiments is what looks the best on your skin. I couldn't obtain samples from this sites products but I got stuff from competitors that I imagine is very similar.

This is what I have concluded:

LACE... A quick glance and you cant tell a thing. Just take a few seconds staring at it and you can clearly see the lace. I've even got samples with ultra high density and if you look for a few seconds the lace is apparent. What this means is if you see the scalp and you look carefully the lace will jump out at you every time. Most people will never know this as they can never look at the top of their heads this closely, or carefully. If you think the mirror gives you an accurate interpretation you are sadly mistaken!

A piece of lace with no hair on it almost completely diminishes if the lace is covered in glue in it's entirety. I can only imagine what a mess this will create in real life practicality.

SKIN... Skin is pretty impressive, I see what other posters are saying about it not being adequate enough for hairlines. I piece of skin with no hair will visible under certain lighting. I would really like to see what the thin skin sold on this site would look like! If it has solved the hairline issue and really dissolves completely into the skin I cant imagine how it will possibly be detectable.

Everyone on here looks at their hair in the mirror or in a photo or asks someones opinion. You never see what this stuff really looks like from the top of your head. I clearly see differences between products that some veterans here probably have never even seen before! I mean when I initially applied the lace I thought it was perfect, but when I noticed it's flaws they were so apparent that I will pick it off super quickly now. Maybe it's a good thing you cant see your flaws up there! Cause it will make some super paranoid! I rather work on this thing and get it perfect for when it's my time to wear.
02-21-2013, 08:54 PM,
Hey HairMysterio, it was a joke. Don't take yourself so seriously!
We discussed your proposed experiment way back and whilst we teased you about it, we wished you luck.
I'm sorry but ever since, I've imagined you walking around with bits of lace stuck all over you!
After all, thats what you said you were going to do.

I just liked the idea of you observing a stranger who you thought looked ridiculous, but at the same time being a living collage of lace & hair!
As a scenario, it does have an ironic humour.

I had no problems admitting I looked like a freak with spray-on hair, so it never occurred to me that you
would take offense at me reminding you of something you were quite happy to say you were going to do!
Especially when you had just made very mocking & judgmental comments about someone else's appearance.
But I'm sorry that it did.
Good luck with your search for perfection.
02-21-2013, 09:25 PM,
No harm done! I guess since vocal tonality doesn't exist on an internet forum things can be misinterpreted. I can take a joke and ridicule as long as it's done without malice!

That person I "judged" wasn't done so with malice. I looked at the man and wished him no harm. I didn't mock at all and I'm sorry if it came out that way. It was actually very saddening to me, as I know the feel of desperation you get over losing hair.

I was trying to help people make an important life decision. That was the moment something suddenly clicked in my head.

You are right about the ironic humor! It definitely is unorthodox and unusual and even funny! I choose to do these crazy mad scientist experiments, this man chose to have a ridiculous hair style... We all have our quirks!
02-21-2013, 09:29 PM,
Yeah! And I went around for 5 years with a painted head!
What was I thinking????
02-22-2013, 12:45 PM,
Thats funny right there..You tried the rattle can hair color spray too? What we wont go through to look like we still got hair !!
02-22-2013, 09:47 PM,
I've told this story before about when I used the spray concealers, but it still mortifies me even all these years later.
I was at a party and in the kitchen standing around talking to a group of people.
At some stage I must have leaned my head back and rested it on the glossy white wall cabinets.
When I stood upright and started to walk away, some one said "Euurgh! Whats that dirty great brown splodge on the door?"

That stuff got everywhere and ironically it was harder to get out of pillow cases etc that it was your scalp.
My bathroom had a constant layer of 'brown dust' over every surface.
02-23-2013, 07:14 AM,
I had a similar experience, Hersute. I rented a tuxedo to be in a friend's wedding party. Within the first couple hours of putting on the shirt, a friend told me I had dirt all over the collar. No more concealers for me anymore. I've been wearing full caps for a few years.