Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skin hairlines?
03-03-2013, 01:59 AM,
RE: Skin hairlines?
how does ultra thin-skin feel on fullcap?

my experience of full cap skin is it is hot and uncomfortable, the admin here also advised against skin for full cap, but what about ultra thin skin?

and yes I noticed that skin seems to stick to your head without any bonding sometimes!
03-03-2013, 04:25 AM,
Would anyone who has one be willing to post a closeup shot of an attached injected skin hairline?

I have been able to find lots of vlooping, but none of injection. One was posted earlier in this thread of injection but it was a commercial shot, low res, and looked kind of doctored.

Anyone?

Thanks. Placing first order imminently. Leaning to injected forward. Will be cutting into front partials. I think this will be fine irrespective as I wear my hair down and always have.
03-04-2013, 01:47 AM,
I already posted a non blurry pic of a forward injected thin skin. That's exactly what it looks like. Actually nine looks more natural than that because the density is a little higher and the hair placement a bit more natural.
03-04-2013, 11:22 AM,
Hairenough, How long do your injected skin pieces last on average?

I've never tried injection, but was shocked how quickly a v-looped piece I had shedded. It only lasted about a month and a half. I usually get at least 4 months out of lace.
03-06-2013, 03:23 PM,
The bad pic of the v loop was mine. But it looks worse in that picture than in real life, that is really zoomed at the highest resolution I could go.

I been talking about stuff like this for awhile but I usually got ignored lol. I have a system where they did exactly what you are saying.. base thicker and than it thins out right after the front hairline. I think doing this and than thinning out more past the front hairline is a good idea. And I would want the base to be as thin at the hairline where i could get micro knots than just order like half an inch blonde in the front.

I actually have a system on its way that has blond in the front but its v looping.. I think the blond front might make the v loop look more natural because it will hide the V at the base.. I guess well see.
04-14-2013, 04:59 PM,
Here is a top view of an Ultra thin skin piece that I've just cut in.

Attached Files Image(s)

04-15-2013, 06:33 AM,
Looking good NYCguy2020 !

What density is your ultra thinskin in the above pic? Have you experienced much shedding with any of your thinskin units? I've only had one .03 thinskin, and was shocked at how quickly it shed compared to lace. (Only got a bit more than a month out of it — maybe it was defective??)
04-15-2013, 07:57 AM,
I too got only a month out of my ultra thin skin. Will never buy it again. Swiss lace is better in hairline and durability.
04-15-2013, 12:40 PM,
For NYCGUY2020- Do you do your own cut ins or go somewhere in the city?
04-15-2013, 04:30 PM,
Rscout, the density is medium-light 100% (60% on the TL scale). This is my second thin skin unit. I had no issues with shedding and my first unit lasted little over 4 months. I do handle my units with care though, so that could be a factor. Don't forget not all thin skins are created equal, so change suppliers until you find the one that works best for you.

EricInNY- Yes I do my own cut ins and maintenance. No reason to pay $120+ for a simple haircut. That's just ridiculous IMHO. I've only been to a stylist once for my first unit and I still had to tweak/adjust it further to get it to look the way I wanted, so what's the point. It's not really that hard..all you need is a good pair of thinning shears, baber scissors and a razor comb.