Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear John
02-17-2013, 10:17 PM,
Dear John
Hey John and other TopLace forum members,

it appears on your forum that 3 people commented on how my forehead looks quite wide, this can't be a coincidence, and I would like your opinion on my template that I sent to you.

in the attachments I have included a front picture of myself and a side by side comparison of my temple flaps vs. jrobs.

[Image: 2cgzv60.png]

[Image: 307nmo4.png]

my temple flaps appear to be not that far off jrobs, but maybe adding a cm to both sides would lessen the impact of my wide forehead.

also I believe adding 1cm length to the sideburns to make them longer would be useful, this would apply to both sides of course.

I would like to know if you would recommend changing the length of the temple flaps, and if so what length you would recommend between 0.5 -1.5cm, and can these changes be done for this order or is it too late?

Thanks.

Note: I have also e-mailed you this information so you know which customer I am.

I also put this here on the forum because I would like other peoples opinions as well.
02-18-2013, 12:07 AM,
RE: Dear John
I suspect that what is throwing people off is the hair style?
With the top of your head the hair is quite full looking and high which coupled with a high hairline and flatter more thinned out sides is giving the illusion of a wide forehead.
Your temple regions look ok to me and I feel if the fullness was lessened on the top and the actual hairline lowered by an inch then people would have a different opinion?
I have to say that I think the fullcapwearer you have is very natural looking and once the hairline and density are adjusted then you will have it nailed!
02-18-2013, 01:20 AM,
LTB, might be on to something there!

just lowered my hairline to exactly 4 fingers above my eyebrows.

here are the results.

[Image: x55ly0.png]

and yes I think you are right, looking at the side angle between me and Jrob there isn't that much of a difference, maybe 0.5cm.
02-18-2013, 01:52 AM,
Presumably by bringing it forward at the front (which does look much better) you have also lost that extra bit at the nape that you felt was too long?
02-18-2013, 01:58 AM,
thanks on it looking a lot better.

no i still have that nape bit, i think templates that are made are supposed to be 1 or 2 cms below the occipital bone.

not sure why they do this, but I think you are supposed to order 3/4" poly so that it "holds" just below the bone, like the way a hook would hold on to something.
02-18-2013, 02:23 AM,
oh sorry yes you said "Looks like it has slipped back"

I thought you meant it looks like it has, implying that is wasn't.

but yes this seems to have solved the problem now, totally false alarm.
02-18-2013, 02:58 AM,
Southernguy,

You (being a stylist) must notice this sort of thing all the time on other wearers?
Positioning and the shape of the front contour is (to me) SO important and I notice that before anything else.
The smallest of adjustments can make a HUGE difference.
But weirdly, I can see whats wrong on someone else far more easily than I can on myself.
I think I'm concentrating on the little details, like attachment & getting close up in the mirror and what I really need to do is take a step back and get a more overall impression.
Thats when I can really tell if the position is right.

I think too many guys go for a standard shaped front contour and would be much better off if they worked out one that suited their head and face and not have the uniform standard shape.
02-18-2013, 03:09 AM,
I think initially I was scared to have a juvenile hairline as I felt it might be more realistic to have it further back and subconsciously did it this way through time, unfortunately if you do this with a full cap it has a negative affect as your temple points recede!
02-18-2013, 06:12 AM,
Southernguy said "the real problem with most hair wearers is the hair is wearing the person"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thats the most brilliant description!!!!!
PERFECT!
02-18-2013, 09:33 AM,
Its a little hard to tell as the pics arent great quality.
I think also that maybe your sideburns could be a bit longer.
Overall,it looks good you are a young guy and hair suits your face.
Im guessing you have never been busted?