Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walkers Ultra Hold changes?
02-17-2013, 11:59 AM,
Walkers Ultra Hold changes?
Is it me, or has Walker Ultra thinned it's adhesive? I used it years ago and it was as think as marshmallow fluff, now it seems a lot thinner. 1 or 2 coats would get me what I am now achieving with 4. I'm just curious if anyone else has noticed the same thing.
02-18-2013, 04:44 AM,
RE: Walkers Ultra Hold changes?
This happened to me as well. My first bottle was darker in color like honey and as thick as well. When I ordered from another supplier it was lighter in color and in texture, almost as if they diluted it with water. i first thought that the 2 different supplier stocked different grades of the glue. However having said all this they both seem to hold up as well.
02-18-2013, 07:22 AM,
Dhen,
There's been no change that I'm aware of. There's only one grade of Walker Ultra Hold.
Regards,
John
02-25-2013, 01:14 PM,
Yes i notice that exactly it is thinner weaker no doubt
For me
Years ago, When it sold in the brown glass bottle it was much thicker and very strong
and it is now in transparent plastic bottle lesser strong ,and much lesser thick.

I think there r 2 versions of that glue " ultra hold"
One sold inside USA which is placed ind brown glass bottle which is v flammable and dangerous grade 3 which couldn't be shipped by air. , it was shipped to me by air since years ago but now no

there is lighter version of ultra hold " placed in plastic transparent plastic bottle " which lesser dangerous grade for air transportation but it disadvantage is lesser strong
02-25-2013, 03:05 PM,
The Ultra Hold glue that Toplace sells comes in a clear glass bottle with a black and gold label. It's .5 oz and has a brush in the cap. It has a thick consistency.
Regards,
John
http:www//toplace.com