Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair Sample and Crown Questions
02-15-2013, 09:30 AM,
Hair Sample and Crown Questions
Hi Guys,

Forgive me if these questions seem a bit stupid. I'm literally days away from sending in my template and making my first order but just need a couple of bits of advice. I've had a search of the forum but couldn't quite find what I needed.

When you send a hair sample, how should this be done. this sounds like such a weird question but seriously how am I meant to do it. i've tried tying a rubber band around my sample and got in a right mess. there was hair everywhere and I ended up with more strands on the carpet than in the bunch i was trying to send so now I need to cut another chunk out of my hair from somewhere. can I put the hairs in a little bag and put it in with my template? Can i sellotape the hair sample to a piece of paper to keep it all together? i don't want the package to be opened at the other end and all these scattered hairs fall out that nobody can do anything with.

The second issue is whether to incorporate a crown or not. i've seen a few people say that the crown area can end up being made way too thin and I've also heard people say that its easy to create a crown with a freestyle ventilation when no crown has been specified. both of these factors make me think maybe i should not incorporate a crown but then again, I want it to look as natural as possible. if anyone has any thoughts or experiences on this or pictures of a freestyle system that's been styled to create a crown that would be really useful.

Thanks

Yorkie
02-15-2013, 11:43 AM,
RE: Hair Sample and Crown Questions
Hi, yes, if it was me, I'd put a piece of sellotape sticky side up, spread the ends of the hairs along its length and another piece of tape over the top creating a sellotape & hair sandwich.
I'd then staple that to a piece of paper.
Also remember to take a sample from as near to your face as possible.
Hair there is naturally lighter.
The factory know this and will make the hairpiece match at the front and make it slightly darker to match the back.
A lot of guys have sent samples from the back of their heads and then found the hairpiece to be overall too dark.

Re the crown, I order freestyle and make a crown by styling it.
That way I can have a parting and change sides or have all the hair coming forward from the crown or even have it all swept back.

I originally didn't order a crown just because I never really had one in my natural hair.
Now I order no crown because its just more versatile.
I'd rather have a choice than have a fixed crown that I couldn't alter.
But thats just my experience, so I think its your choice.
But none of us got all our specifications right with our first order and even years later I'm still making changes and modifications.
02-15-2013, 07:14 PM,
RE: Hair Sample and Crown Questions
Thanks Hersute, your dedication to helping the newbies is second to none. I really appreciate your help. That's exactly the info i needed. Thanks again.

Yorkie