Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice in cutting the hair system
02-15-2013, 07:15 AM,
Need advice in cutting the hair system
Hi Guys,

I just cut my hair system - and tested it with Got2b glue on my forhead..
It looks very terrible - but I think it's my fault.

Can u plz give me some advice how to cut a stock unit for the temples??

Here are some pictures how its look like. U can see the bad cutting.. I marked the shorter hair which are not supposed to be so short. And when I plug them out the density decreases dramatically..

Plz feel free to to reply.
I need it very quickly Undecided

Attached Files Image(s)

02-15-2013, 11:01 AM,
RE: Need advice in cutting the hair system
A Sharp Razor Blade should have been used carefully from underneath (Lace Side).

I am guessing you used scissors?
02-15-2013, 11:50 AM,
Your only option is to trim away the stubby hairs and lace.
Comb the hairs away from the lace edge and hold them back in your hand and trim the lace thats not attached to the longer hairs.
A couple of millimeters should do it and not reduce it so that its too small.

iwill is right, a blade from the underside that purely cuts the lace would have avoided this.
02-15-2013, 12:41 PM,
Shit, I never read that a scissor should not be used for this Undecided

How should I do it with the Blade? Put the system on a table e.g. and start cutting?
I guess before that I should try to seperate the hair?
02-15-2013, 09:11 PM,
If the hairs are folded back and held away from the edge lace, at this points scissors will work just as well to trim that edge.
Do it with the top of the piece facing you and you'll see which bit is lace with no hairs (or just the short stubs) and which bit shouldn't be trimmed because it still has the full length hairs attached.

But for anyone else thinking about cutting their piece down to size:
Scissors cut from the top and the bottom, so using them will always cut in to the hair when cutting the lace.
By using a blade on the underside, you're only cutting the lace and leaving the hair still attached to it.
Always use a very sharp craft scalpel.
04-11-2013, 06:18 AM,
I really dont get it - so I took 2 Pictures - on which side I should cut?
Is the left or the right picture correct?

Attached Files Image(s)

04-11-2013, 09:08 AM,
the left
04-11-2013, 01:26 PM,
Personaly I feel that if you are not experienced enough to cut a piece you should have it done by a stylist. Not to put anyone down but it is a tricky cut to begin with. Any wig seller or piece stylist will do it properly. Try to be there when he does it so at least you could get a good look as to what is happening, this is only my humble opinion. It took my a good year to get comfortable with the piece to be able to do it myself. The best way to pratice is to do it on a piece that you are replacing with a new one. That way if you make a mistake it was intended to be discarded anyway. Good luck.
04-11-2013, 08:23 PM,
Once the template is placed against the lace side and in the right position (You can hold the template in place with a couple of bits of tape.), its simply a case of using a makeup pencil and drawing around the outline of the template.
Then you remove the template and follow the line with your blade, pressing firmly enough to slice the lace, but not so firmly you're coming through the other side and cutting the hairs.

There will always be a few casualties with the hair, but in the scheme of things, these won't matter at all.
05-14-2013, 06:41 AM,
Hi. I take it this method would also apply to cutting a skin system too? Im planning on cutting a stock unit to my crown partial template. Just wanted to double check theres nothing else to consider for a skin base?