Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice for appropriate hair piece (photos)
05-15-2013, 05:08 PM,
RE: Advice for appropriate hair piece (photos)
Hi greeko,

There are two ways you can approach solving this problem:

1) You can "straighten" your own hair temporarily by blow drying it while it's damp with a stiff bristle brush. This will remove most of the wave and cause it to blend better with the body wave on your stock unit (there are some very good products that you can apply to help with this process) or;

2) You can have the hair in the unit permed to match the existing curl in your own hair. As long as the stylist uses a cold wave perm solution specifically designed for use on color treated, fine, brittle hair it shouldn't damage the hair in the unit too badly. However, perming the system hair will definitely cause some of the color in the hair to fade out. This can easily be taken care of by re-coloring the hair with a little Back2Natural or any good hair color brand that matches your natural color.

I've successfully permed several units before... The perm does cause the hair to feel a little dried out and will also cause the unit to shed a bit faster than it would if you left the hair un-permed, but perming might be well worth doing if you feel you need an exact match to your natural curl.

Personally, I'd try blow drying some of the curl out of your natural hair first since that is the easiest thing to do, and only proceed on to perming the unit as a last resort since that will be a lot more complicated, time consuming and costly thing to attempt at this point.

You shouldn't be overly concerned that your "look" will change.

Yes, it will change, and change for the better with more hair—that's the whole point. My advice is to roll with it and accept a slight change, and if any one asks what you've done tell them the truth—that you've blown the curl out of your hair and are using product in it. If you want to go back to curlier hair, then order more curl on your next order. None of us ever get everything 100% perfect especially the first time around, we learn how to improve things as we go.

I would try to replicate something similar to the style you have in this picture, only slightly shorter. Be sure to take a printout of the picture to your stylist so they'll have a good reference to go by for the cut-in.

Hope this helps

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advice for appropriate hair piece (photos) - rscout - 05-15-2013, 05:08 PM