Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice for appropriate hair piece (photos)
03-21-2013, 12:06 PM,
RE: Advice for appropriate hair piece (photos)
I am also, going to add some more pictures of me since last time I have created the first post. I just need general update on:

1. If Stock piece would fit and look natural from the way my recession is.
2. How long you think I would have to leave the piece on after I attach it to need a haircut afterwards.
3. Personal experience from wearers of a unit on me.

Also, if you notice, recession is on top middle and low sides. if you look the top corner, my hair is still thick there and its exactly the same way my dad's hair has receded. I hope this will not create an issue when the hair is growing underneath after the attachment of the piece.

more photos

Attached Files Image(s)

03-22-2013, 04:10 PM,
I used to buy custom pieces and needed one rather quick one time so ordered a Swiss lace stock. I will never go back to customs as my stocks are cut down to exact size and not sure why, but they last me way longer than I ever got from a custom. Just my opinion and experience.

As far as getting your cut in after receiving, my advice would be to go ASAP. If you attach without cutting in you will not be happy with the way it looks. The cut in will be 100x different. I've been wearing for little over a year now and when I got my first piece I was like what the hell is this, but the guys on here and other forums assured me would look good after cut in and have never looked back since.

Edit: Misunderstood your hair cut question. Thought you were asking how soon for cut in. I get my hair cut about every 6-8 weeks. If the place you are getting your cut in is satisfactory to you, should be half or less the cost of your cut in for just a haircut and bond. You could also buy a flowbee or robocut and do whenever you like.

As far as hair growing underneath, not really a big deal if reattaching every week or two. You will just shave what grows every de/re bond. The second picture you posted of hairstyle you wanted is the way I wear my hair although I cut it a little bit shorter on top. From looking at your pics although sides look a bit thin (in some pics) you could definitely pull similar style off but would go a bit shorter on top as well.

Lastly, 80 bucks for a bond and cut in is a great price, at least in NYC where I pay 2 1/2x that. The only thing I want to say is I saw you live in Australia. On another forum somebody was asking for stylist there and they were warned to stay away from a place that did cut ins and sold their own pieces. Guy said they intentionally screw up pieces they don't sell so you have to purchase one of theirs. Obviously the chances it's the place your going is slim but if you can name them can look and make sure.
04-15-2013, 02:43 PM,
I ordered my stockunit. Send the sample and hopefully by this or next week I will have it in my hands.

Can anyone advise me with general info of maintenance so I make it last as long as possible and how long does it usually last from your personal experience.

What products would you recommend also....from gel to moisturizing, from sleeping....to keeping the hair from falling out.

Thanks in advance

Chris
04-27-2013, 02:17 AM,
Hey guys,

Today I finally received my hairpiece. My sister just saw it and she said that it will look stupid on me.
tomorrow I have an appointment with the hairdresser to have a look at it and go from there on how she will cut it depending on the shape of my head.

Wish me good luck :-)
04-27-2013, 03:11 AM,
Your sister doesn't know what she's talking about.

Good luck!
04-27-2013, 08:59 PM,
Late to conversation, but if you think you still facing hair fall and your hair growth rate is very short then you are probably in the same state i was 2-3 years back. Though you could left your hair unshaved and could not use a hair system, but its good move to start using it from now as you wont face any problem of transition phase in future and you can gradually change your hair style and try different systems. But remember if once you shave your hair they either wont grow at all or take much longer time to appear significant. Long back local guys asked me to shave my full hair so that your hair will grow thicker.. thats complete myth i guess as i shaved quite some thime as my hairs were not growing fast and were becoming thinner and thinner, but finally they are now at my head like ruminant hairs... let us know about the state and look after you come back hair cut !
04-27-2013, 11:30 PM,
I went to the hairdresser today and he told me to let my hair grow for about 3weeks(I was stupid enough to cut it last week)

Now I am facing the problem of what hairstyle I should get.

But seriously guys. It has DESTROYED my confidence. I am 25 and I see guys younger than me and much older than me have more hair than I do. That part really really really sucks!!!!!
04-28-2013, 12:46 PM,
also, is it possible for me to cut a bit of the hairpiece so I make it fit appropriately on my head?
04-28-2013, 01:37 PM,
I think you're going to have to be a bit clearer about what you mean when you say "cut the hairpiece so I make it fit appropriately on my head?"

Are you talking about cutting it smaller so it fits your bald/thinning area or putting in pleats to make it fit the curve of your head better?
04-28-2013, 02:53 PM,
yes. The hairpiece is pretty big because its a stock unit. So I need to cut it so it fits right for the shape of my head. Is it possible to do that?
Will it wreck the lace?