Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beginner, need some advices (pics)
02-13-2013, 12:52 AM,
RE: Beginner, need some advices (pics)
Sacha - I say get a hairpiece and ditch the concealers. You're going to be much happier andhave much better looking hair without all that mess of concealers. Some here may only see the illusion you have created in tose pics by using careful hair styling and lots of concealers. But even if you could pull that off for a few more years, you're going to end up wearing a hairpiece anyway, so you might as well jump in now before the transition is too noticible. You still have a full head of hair appearance to the casual passer-by, so it will be easy to start wearing without anyone noticing.

I recommend super fine swiss lace with 70% or 75% density to get you started.

I hated minoxidil and all the concealer drama too and I was very, very unhappy with my hair and how I was living my life because of it. I switched to wearing hair when I still had about 80% of my natural hair left plus a transplanted hairline and for the first time in many years I had a good looking head of hair, thanks to hair systems.

I am right behind you and I support your decision to jump in early.
02-13-2013, 01:13 AM,
Sacha, I could tell you had really considered this and it wasn't something you were just jumping in to.
You obviously already put a lot of effort in to your hair to make it look that good.
I used concealers for far too long and wearing a piece is a LOT easier and the visual results are better.
I think you're doing the right thing.
02-13-2013, 04:17 AM,
Sacha, I understand how you feel, I'm sure the thinning is much more noticeable to you then it is to us. My thinking is that if you are now maybe 60% happy with your hair, AND you are sure that it is not going to improve, why not just start wearing if you are going to do so eventually.
Note that the start is going to be uncomfortable though. As long as you are mentally prepared and stick out the first few weeks, you should be happier.

Let us know how it works out!

Hi Hairenough, you mentioned that you are using a hairpiece with a transplanted hairline.

Is it ok to show some pictures of what it looks like with and without the piece?
02-13-2013, 07:17 AM,
i cant boast how much wearing has changed my life,
the anxiety of wash day,i dreaded washing my hair and used to stretch it out to one every 3 weeks or four.

as trying to acheive my cherished hairstyle took way to long,
90 mins up to 2-3 hours.
i coudnt function without that look i loved,
just zapped my confidence

when i did acheive it, and that handsome guy was back in the mirror i was extatic,
and that was before negotiating a rainy windy day.

im now on the other side of the fence............

and hell the grass is way greener than the dried out feild i came from.
the relife of ..well of having my hair back.
the worryof impending wash day its gone, i cant put over in words the weight off my shoulders.or the new weight on my shoulders.
the major worry has gone. awww the peace in my life and looking 38 instead of 48.

one life and its great not to be walking around thinking lifes unfair im at a major disadvantage.
yeah its a worrying step, a terrifying step, but hell youre bravery is rewarded bigg time.

the constant extatic feeling of confidence i think is why we continue with the care regime.
as they say in the adds" because youre worth it."

2yr 4 months into wearing and happy as hell