Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beginner, need some advices (pics)
02-12-2013, 12:26 AM,
Beginner, need some advices (pics)
Hello everyone,

First of all I want to apologize for my english, I'm going to do my best.

I'm ready to order a hair replacement system but I have some questions.
My natural hair are pretty dry and from that I saw, when you order a hair replacement system the hair are "fluid" (I'm not sure that's the exact term but I hope you can understand what I mean). So I'm worried because I think that my hair are kinda specific and not the same as the hair we can find by defaut here, so I'm worried that the difference will be visible between my real hair and the replacement system.
I don't know if you guys can see it on those pics but my hair texture feels a little bit like "straw". After 2-3 days they become more fluid and greasy so that's why I really don't know how deal with that and what kind of hair system I should ask.

- :

-
-
-

-

-
-

I also have some grey hair, it's only visible outside or in a bright room but I was thinking I should take 5% or 10% grey hair, what do you think about that ?
How about the base ? density ? I'm 22 years old, looking young and always had more or less the same haircut that I have on those pics.
I think 70-80% density will be fine, what do you think ?

Last thing, if on those pics it's impossible to see that I have hair loss (on the top and especially on the back), it's only because I'm using a lot of Super Million Hair. Of course I still have a lot of hair but I don't want to wait to much, I don't want people to see the difference when I'll wear my hair supplement, I want to act right now.

Thank you for reading me, I hope it was not too tough Sad
02-12-2013, 12:29 AM,
RE: Beginner, need some advices (pics)
rofl, you're natural hair looks very "wig" like.

i have a feeling the hairpiece will look more realistic that your actual hair!

you could order a full cap if you are worried, you would have much the same style and you might prefer it as you don't have to worry about colour fade or what have you.

and yes 70% density and the recommended for beginners is all french lace.
02-12-2013, 01:00 AM,
Sacha, I think your hair looks great.
As you say, it looks in the pictures like you've got a lot of natural hair.
I think you could get away with quite a high density like 80%.
Don't worry about the different dryness/texture of hair because a little wax/gel or Brylcreme will even out the look.

As for the grey, a lot of people naturally go grey only at the sides and back so you wouldn't necessarily have to have grey added to the replacement hair.
I think the choice would be yours.
But by sending in a decent hair sample, you will get a good match anyway.
You also might want to think about what shape hairline you will want.
This is called the front contour.
At your age, you could have a very straight hairline.

The 2 important things to remember when ordering a custom hair piece is to send a good hair sample and make a good template of the exact shape you want and details about the direction you want the hair to go in.
With your current style I would suggest 'forward ventilation' from the crown.
Sending in these pictures with your order is also a good idea.
I would also suggest ordering a body wave curl because that will give your hair 'movement' when you style it like this.

Good luck.

PS. I've never heard of Super Million Hair.
I presume this is a concealer/thickener?
Is it a spray or powder?
02-12-2013, 05:44 AM,
You're ridiculous if you are actually seriously considering a haripiece. You do realize you would have to shave off all of that perfectly fine hair on top of your head to glue fake hair on? Why not try rogaine or other products before making such a drastic move? There are men who wear toppers on here that still have less hair than you have on your head right now. I understand your point in trying to make a subtle move, but this is too extreme considering the amount of hair you have
02-12-2013, 08:27 AM,
Drew - To be fair, you haven't seen the state of his hairloss yet. He might have grown it really long to hide quite a thin scalp in the front and he did say he uses a lot of concealers.
02-12-2013, 08:44 AM,
Hairenough- I see what you mean, but I just wouldnt want the guy to start wearing a hairpiece as his first option when there might be other solutions that might be able to help him at this time. If he could post some hairline pics it would be better to gauge his status but if the concealers are working well, why shave? his comb down style looks good in those pictures imo
02-12-2013, 08:57 AM,
Yes the hair style can be easily achieved with a system, whether French Swiss or skin, that would be a personal preference with regards to the base material.
Regarding your hair loss then unfortunately you would have to either post a picture here, or if you are uneasy with this send one directly to John, showing the extent of your hair loss with your hair combed down with no concealors (wetting your hair slightly would maybe help show more owing to the length of hair)
02-12-2013, 09:29 AM,
By the photos your hair looks fine. And no, it doesn't look like a wig. It looks like a youthful style I see everyday. Unless you have amazingly mastered covering up your hairloss, I cannot see why you need a piece.
02-12-2013, 09:47 AM,
Drew, My belated new year's resolution was to give up telling guys they don't need a hairpiece yet!
In my opinion more & more guys seem to be turning to this way too soon.
I think its a combination of guys now thinking the smallest loss is a flaw that has to be rectified, (because only perfection is good enough) and that its possible we wearers have made it all sound too easy and are posting VERY good pictures.
I realised it was pointless telling them this. They don't want to hear it.
They think they have a problem and they want answers and a solution.

Now I'll offer advice and if they go ahead and order and eventually decide its not what they thought, thats up to them.

But I'll only respond if it sounds like they've at least attempted to do some research on their own and have an idea what they're getting in to, and also if they're already using concealers.

If thats not the case, I'm just going to ignore the questions.
02-12-2013, 03:48 PM,
I actually think concealers are more binding than looking after a hair piece. Even by using concealers sometimes some friends tells me "wtf dude, I can see your scalp here". They are not saying that to be mean but it's making me bad.
I do not go to the pool, I do not go to the beach, holidays are such a nightmare. When it's daytime I'm only going out if I wear a cap, I can't live my life with this shit on my head anymore.
I've been taking something called "minoxidil" and "propecia (finasteride)" for 2 years with no results. I've actually thought long and hard to make this decision and I know I have to do this, so I totally understand your opinion but I think this is not the point here.