Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My reattachment and washing guide
02-18-2013, 05:26 AM,
RE: My reattachment and washing guide
Something to consider.

I have short spikey (ca. 2.5 cm) wigs and I spray the hell out of them with göt2b glued freeze spray daily and more than once/day. They last me between nine and 12 months before they bite the dust (all SFS lace). I attach with tape all around and at the front 0.5 cm some white glue. SFT tape in front and NRT tape on sides/back.

I never use ANYTHING but cold water to clean the hair followed by spraying on some Nearly Natural (might not do anything, but I like the smell). That is it, no shamposs, no conditioners, nada nothing else. When I shower I only use shampoo on my real hair, warm shower water only on the wig.

I am by no means "easy" on the wigs. I wear a helmet while playing ice hockey (with a doo rag over the wig) and change the wig every three to five days, depending upon how much it itches. When I remove the wig it looks like it could have gone a few more days, but I figure if it itches there is a reason and I do want to be scratching away the hair.

I would suggest before one spends money on products, try the simple things first. E.g. olive oil removes glue/tape residue from the noggin quite nicely. 99% alcohol is hard to get where I live, but it is as good as any product to release and does not require a lot of it.

I have a 100% business travel schedule and I carry tape and a bit of glue, a back up wig and that is it. The other stuff I can purchase where I go since I travel to civilized areas known as "cities". ;> ) Rather than junking my luggage up with wig stuff I junk it up with ice hockey equipment. The extra wigs/tapes etc. go into the ice hockey bag.

The KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) has been around awhile for a reason. Keeping it easy makes wearing the wig easy and saves time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My reattachment and washing guide - maxx_headroom - 02-18-2013, 05:26 AM