Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My reattachment and washing guide
02-07-2013, 03:20 AM,
My reattachment and washing guide
here is my personal reattachment guide I do twice weekly (Monday morning and Thursday evening)

Re-attachment & Washing Guide (Twice Weekly)

Approx. Time: 20 minutes

1. Remove hairpiece.
2. Get Got2B residue off by soaking in a basin of hot water and wash cloth in circular motion.
3. Let unit soak in a basin of 1 teaspoon sized Karasilk Shampoo for 1 minute (lace side up)
4. Rinse out with warm water via soaking in a basin of hot water.
5. Rub ¼ sized Karasilk Conditioner in hands, put in hair thus avoiding the knots.
6. Leave to absorb for 3 minutes.
7. Rinse out with warm water via soaking in a basin of hot water.
8. Semi-dry out the base material via time & blot dry, 3 minutes
9. Use Karasilk leave-in conditioner.
10. Fully-dry out the base material via time & blot dry, 7 minutes.
11. Use wide-tooth comb to style the system, be careful of shedding.
12. Use 99% Alcohol and Scalp protector on head. *
13. Apply Got2BGlued Hair Spiking Glue on the crown and nape area and let dry for 2 minutes.
14. Attach base of the Hair system to head, and hold down with hands. **
15. Apply Got2BGlued Hair Spiking Glue on the top part of the head and let dry for 2 minutes.
16. Attach top of the Hair system to head, and place down with a comb to hold in place.
17. Peel back the hairpiece as far as it will let you easily go.
18. Apply Got2BGlued Hair Spiking Glue on the front line and let dry for 2 minutes.
19. Place down hair system with a comb to hold in place.

Note: You may require a daily top-up of a medium amount of Got2B.
Note: For steps 13, 15, & 18 be sure to apply a generous amount of Got2B.

* be very careful to not get any of these two products in your eyes.

** lining it up is easy, just put the front line of the unit in line with your front line and place down, do this at a 0 degree angle to ensure the temple flaps are equal.

----
feel free to critique my method.
any advice is welcome.
02-07-2013, 03:40 AM,
RE: My reattachment and washing guide
yes I got mixed responses as whether to use hot, warm or cold water to wash hairpiece, I shall change it to warm water then.
02-18-2013, 05:26 AM,
Something to consider.

I have short spikey (ca. 2.5 cm) wigs and I spray the hell out of them with göt2b glued freeze spray daily and more than once/day. They last me between nine and 12 months before they bite the dust (all SFS lace). I attach with tape all around and at the front 0.5 cm some white glue. SFT tape in front and NRT tape on sides/back.

I never use ANYTHING but cold water to clean the hair followed by spraying on some Nearly Natural (might not do anything, but I like the smell). That is it, no shamposs, no conditioners, nada nothing else. When I shower I only use shampoo on my real hair, warm shower water only on the wig.

I am by no means "easy" on the wigs. I wear a helmet while playing ice hockey (with a doo rag over the wig) and change the wig every three to five days, depending upon how much it itches. When I remove the wig it looks like it could have gone a few more days, but I figure if it itches there is a reason and I do want to be scratching away the hair.

I would suggest before one spends money on products, try the simple things first. E.g. olive oil removes glue/tape residue from the noggin quite nicely. 99% alcohol is hard to get where I live, but it is as good as any product to release and does not require a lot of it.

I have a 100% business travel schedule and I carry tape and a bit of glue, a back up wig and that is it. The other stuff I can purchase where I go since I travel to civilized areas known as "cities". ;> ) Rather than junking my luggage up with wig stuff I junk it up with ice hockey equipment. The extra wigs/tapes etc. go into the ice hockey bag.

The KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) has been around awhile for a reason. Keeping it easy makes wearing the wig easy and saves time.
02-18-2013, 05:33 AM,
and after 10 months how does it look, is the hair just dried out by then? but the base material and hair is intact?
02-18-2013, 06:07 AM,
Hair is fine. By then the base usually has a few rips that I do not feel like messing with so I get a new one. Keep in mind though that I have wigs that I rotate, I usually have three and wear them on a rotating basis depending on the occasion and which one is at hand. As I said I am pretty hard on them and do not feel like babying them much. I also take some days where I do not even wear a wig for whatever reason.

The main point of the above post though was that water cleans as well as anything.