Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting serious (advice please) pics
02-06-2013, 05:18 AM,
Getting serious (advice please) pics
Ive been researching this entire hair wearing game for about 2 years now. Its crazy to think its been that long, but its not an easy decision. I knew it was either i wear hair or i go bald. And to me the second option doesn't seem like a choice to me. I'm going to school for acting and as we all know its a very "shallow" business that focuses on look, and just to be plain honest i don't want to be bald, i like the version of me with hair. So im getting very serious about this. And im asking for your advice. Attached to this post are pictures. The pictures of with the red markings are my current hair after propecia. The ones with the blue are before propecia. I will publicly say on PROPECIA SAVED MY ASS. it has worked wonders for me, my hair has gotten amazing results because of it. I put this before and after pictures on here because i didn't want people to say "oh you have tons of hair, don't worry" i only have it because of propecia. as you can tell in the before pictures, im doomed without it. and i don't want to be on it forever, nor will it work for me forever. Also as much as i love my hair i can only style it ONE way and its been like this for 3-4 years, i need change badly. The other picture of the "model" is the hairstyle i would like to accomplish, wavy short hair. I'm not too concerned about people noticing, because people change their hair all the time and im 22. I'm looking for thick hair, i can get away with the change right now because of the length of my current hair plus yet again im young it would look natural. Im asking for advice about what kind of base,tape,glue i should use. just so you know a little bit about me.
1) I work out three days a week
2) i live in upstate NY, not too many "heat waves" here.
3) i want to be able to change it once a week
And thats pretty much it. I love this community and you guys are great support and i hope i can post pics on here soon of my new hair and i also hope one day ill be a celebrity you guys will be trying to figure out if he wears Wink

Attached Files Image(s)

02-06-2013, 05:44 AM,
RE: Getting serious (advice please)
What do you want to do?
At this stage, you could just fill in your recession and straighten up your hairline and have more of the look as in the 1st picture.
You can have 2 small pieces or one straight across the front.
Some people think its easier to just have the one piece.

Then you can move on to larger pieces as you need them.
Personally, I'm all for using as much of your own hair as possible, but again, other people think differently and prefer to get rid of the lot and have an entire topper.
With your hair being curly and long, you shouldn't have a problem disguising and blending the join.

You probably know this already, but do a search for 'partials' or 'front partials' to see other opinions and results.
As for the base choice, each has its pros & cons.
Lace is good if you're going to show your hairline, but can be a pain to clean & maintain.
Thin skins sound easier to maintain but the hairline is less realistic when exposed.
Once you've decided which base is best for you, you can then move on the attachment methods.

A lot of this is about choice rather than definitive answers/solutions.
To make the best choice for you, you need to get as much info as possible and ask questions about anything you specifically don't understand.
Then you can apply that info to make informed choices and include your personal preferences.
02-07-2013, 06:54 PM,
Thanks herstute! Your a great guy for always responding to peoples post not matter how repetitive the questions are. I basically want to just get a full topper, the hair on top of my head will never be the way it use to be, thats a sad reality ive come to realize but its okay! because i know once i get into the groove of hair wearing things will be alright! just another challenge in this game we call life! So to answer your question i want a topper that i can blend in with my real side and back hair!
02-07-2013, 10:43 PM,
Seriously just do it(nike style). Once I started to wear I thought to myself why was I so stupid and didnt wear earlier, and I'm only 23.

Just get some tapes and glues often mentioned here and once you get the piece try them out. It's that simple. My routine now is got2b glued every 2 days, I wear my hair down, and spray leave in conditioner every day. I work out the 3 times also so I dont thing got2b or any other glue will be a problem for you. About the base, it wont matter since you have curly hair.
02-08-2013, 01:09 AM,
foras,

What type of base do you have?
02-08-2013, 03:55 AM,
RE: Getting serious (advice please) pics
wait, why wont the base matter because of my curly hair?
02-08-2013, 11:02 AM,
RE: Getting serious (advice please) pics
I'm assuming, like the guy in the first picture, you wont be exposing hairline since the hair is curly. So you wouldn't care getting a thinner lace like sfs for hairline.

oldwearer 1-1.5 inch sfs and the rest french lace