Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newb in need of advice
02-03-2013, 10:36 AM,
Newb in need of advice
Hello all
Name's chilli and im from the uk. I'm 29 years old and i've decided to nip it in the bud and go for a partial frontal piece. I've done some reading but some of this stuff is a mine field so i was hoping you good folk could make my experience a bit easier to understand.

From the pics you can see i have frontal recession with more baldness on the left hand side and some on the right. The last pic is what i used to look like a few years ago.

I'm guessing i will need a temple flap.. i dont really know what that means or how it will tie in with my existing hair but i've come across some of these buzz words on the forum.

I've been on minoxidil for about 18 months, with little or no difference. My hairline is pretty messed up from the front. The top is thinning out a bit but the back is fine. The left hand side is getting worse day to day with the right now following suit.

I've also heard about getting a cut in.. again no idea what it means or how to do it so i would be grateful on pointers and what you guys think is the best way forward.
In terms of lifestyle i used to be very active, few sports activities every week but few health problems led to inactivity and now i dont do a great deal anymore. I want to get my life back on track and i believe getting my hair sorted will be one less burden to bear.
I would buzz cut it but the recession is very uneven and i know it would look really silly.

Apologies for the poor quality of the pics. Will try to upload some better ones later.
Thanks

Attached Files Image(s)

02-03-2013, 03:16 PM,
RE: Newb in need of advice
Sorry, your pictures are way too big to be able to view properly.

I've re-sized one just to answer your question re temple flaps.

The temples are the area of hair where I've marked them.
As you get older and hair thins, this area can also thin & recede, moving back towards your ear.

People use temple flaps to reinstate the hair in that area.

From what I can tell in your pictures, this isn't a problem for you, so in my opinion you don't need temple flaps.

The area that concerns you is where there is recession either side of the front hairline.
I have to say that your degree of recession looks perfectly normal for a man of your age.

If the hair on the rest of the head is still ok, then people use 'front partials' to fill in the gaps.
These can be 2 small pieces or one larger one that just goes along the front of your hair, evening & thickening up the hairline & filling-in the recession.
Do a forum search for 'front partials' to find out more.

If the hair on the top of your head is also thinning, then people use what is known as a 'topper'. This replaces all the hair from the crown at the back to the hairline at the front and down at the sides to as far as you need it.

A 'cut-in' is simply a haircut. Its when you have the new hair cut to blend in with your natural hair.

I really think you need to do MUCH more reading and searching before deciding to go down this route.

Attached Files Image(s)

02-04-2013, 05:50 AM,
RE: Newb in need of advice
So you think i should wait a little while before going down this route. Of course i will do more background research to bring up to speed with things.
Apologies for the pics. i did have trouble uploading them. Didnt realise they were so big. In the pics it doesnt look bad. Thats because my hair is long from the front at the moment. I'm due a hair cut and i will then post up some more pics.
The front partials certainly sound like an option. Does anyone have any pics of these and what they look like attached?
Thanks