Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First cut in with thin skin (PICS)
02-20-2013, 04:21 PM,
RE: First cut in with thin skin (PICS)
OH MY GOD!!!! Thats all I have to say! If the hair truly looks like that in real life it is absolutely undetectable. I am not rating how un kept it is or the style, I'm rating the naturalness of it!

Before I came on this site I would have never noticed a hairpiece. I now consider myself a junior expert as I have spotted many hair pieces on the street. Some of them were from people I knew that the thought never even crossed my mind before. So now that I consider myself somewhat "savvy" if I saw you on the street looking like you do in these pictures the thought wouldn't even cross my mind. I'm so bad that if I see a weird or funky hairstyle my mind is already working to try and justify where the hairpiece begins and ends!
02-25-2013, 12:58 PM,
Thank you sir. I'm about to de-bond it for the first time since my most recent cut-in. It has been a little over a week and the ORWG is starting to break down. One of my biggest worries was bringing home any girlfriends and waking up with a half attached system. I have almost complete confidence in it now. I have literally done no maintenance in over a week. I'm following Hairenough's de-bond advice because he was dead on with his bonding post.

Edit: As of this week, my confidence has been through the roof. I had a job interview on Wednesday and felt great about it. If you need a new system, do yourself a favor and get one of these, read this whole thread, and follow it carefully. I hope to give back to this community because of what it has given me.
02-27-2013, 08:00 AM,
Question for you thin skin wearers: I've been thinking a lot about trying a thin skin piece, and this thread has been more than helpful. With lace units I have the HARDEST time getting the piece attached without bubbles and waves. If I get the front hairline flat after tons of work, the perimeter will ALWAYS have a bubble. If anyone were to even LIGHTLY brush their hand through my hair a finger would go right through it to my bare scalp. If thin skin isn't made to perfectly contour your scalp, is it hard to stick it on without wrinkles, bubbles, and waves? And quickly, you say the front hairline can have a visible line, how visible are we talkin? Thanks!
02-27-2013, 10:08 AM,
I haven't perfected the bonding process and I sometimes i get wrinkles on top. I'm still learning. as far as the front hairline goes, I'm not worried about showing it. The density of the stock piece is a little too high for my taste and choose not to show it.
08-15-2013, 02:43 AM,
http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/5182749...toupee.jpg

Not thin skin. Get your facts straight. Its thick skin. Maybe medium but I doubt it.
08-17-2013, 05:29 AM,
Hi Hairenough,

And many thanks for your instructive process routine.
I dreaming, when i read 90 minutes for all routine.

it's very hard to apply the unit starting at the back, how are you doing that alone ?
i read the entire topic, but i'm not sure for the base type, i'm not english (but i sure you already know Smile
i'm totally confused too like Oldwearer, You say unit is a thinskin 1B, could you tell me if it's a toplace base and the exact model ?

So with this base it's not possible to wear more 3 weeks ?
The scalp don't breathe through the unit ?

With glue at the front and tape for the rest , how many days can i wear before next maintenance process ?

Regards
09-06-2013, 05:40 PM,
@Hairenough, I am going for a similar style to what you have; short, spiky and a bit disheveled, forward and to the side in front - only shorter (especially in front, i cut my bangs asymmetrically, and on the side where the part is it is really almost up to the hairline).

Would you recommend a skin piece + full head bond like you've got for a first-time wearer? i.e. I'm not sure i can deal with the glue/skin not 'breathing' to begin with

I've been told that with a lace system, the hair tends to want to stick straight up when it's cut an inch or shorter, unless you request a forward ventilation, or even if you do.

i've attached a couple of pics of what my hair looks like currently with concealers in (more concealers than hair at this point, i've really milked those for everything they're worth and then some).

I want to add that this has got to be one of the best and most enlightening threads i've had the privilege to read on any hair-loss forum. it should be stickied or something for the folks who aren't here yet.

can i pm you? or is there no way to do that here?

Attached Files Image(s)

10-04-2013, 07:13 AM,
I also want to thank Hairenough for all the information. I am wearing my hair just as you do, or as the pics you showed with bangs and a little "out of bed" style on top. As my hairline isn't visible maybe i should rethink on buying lace.

I see that you prefer glue to tape as the skin might move around otherwise. But do you think it would be possible to hold it firmly in place if you use tape all around the hairsystem, forming a ring on the edges of it?

I am suprised to see that most of you only wear your system for 4 months, while mine looks almost as new after 1 year. What is about the system that goes "bad" after 4 months?
10-12-2013, 06:47 AM,
For me....

Lace Pros= Better hairlines, better hair direction and hair control, More attachment options. You can easily use a non res tape like stick it tape or super tape, get a really long bond, and than when you remove you have practically no clean up. I think the scalp appearance on lace can be very good with the right lace and bleached knots. Lace is airy and cooler makes your scalp breath. Can do just a perimeter attachment and feel comfortable.

Cons of lace= Hair can get poked through underneath the lace. Glue can bleed through the lace even though I never had this problem. If the knots aren't bleached properly they can be visible if the unit was made poorly.. On certain types of lace at certain lighting conditions you can see a grid pattern. Anything that leaves a residue like liquid glues can be annoying to clean from lace. Mirror slides etc.

Pros of skin- Can get a good scalp appearance if you get injected skin. glue doesn't bleed through the material.. Liquid glues are easier to clean up off of skin.. can just wipe it down. Hairs won't come through the underside of the base. for some people skin is a good choice for daily wear and attaching with got2b glued products.

Cons- hair direction isn't as good, typically the hairline isn't as good as lace nor the ventilation. Skin, especially the very thin skins limits you to only using liquid adhesives. I also believe skin limits you to doing entire head bonds. If you only do the perimeter the air between your scalp and thinskin will get hot and full of sweat and oils.

The bottom line is it all depends on your needs. If your a guy who wears full head glue bonds, than your better off with skin if you want an easier clean up. If your a guy who likes using tape and perimeter attachments, or you like to wear your hair combed back exposing a lot of hairline, than your better off with lace. It all depends on your situation. You might even benefit the most from a combination of the two.. or a hybrid unit. For me personally.. the best overall looking hair system to me goes to lace.
10-12-2013, 08:56 AM,
Xeon005:

What tape do you do like the most?

This is the only tape ( http://www.mariasklipphorna.se/image/cac...00x500.jpg ) they sell in my saloon and it leaves a sticky residue after just a few days of wear