Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First cut in with thin skin (PICS)
02-07-2013, 04:20 AM,
RE: First cut in with thin skin (PICS)
Course you're meant to cut the excess off. I'm thinking you could leave an eigth of an inch past the hairline, but not that whole amount. Regards
02-07-2013, 04:26 AM,
As everyone is already saying, that huge piece of excess skin is supposed to be cut off. How close you cut to the hair is up to you, but there is no need for any more than 1-2mm of skin past the hair.
02-07-2013, 07:29 AM,
I have to get a sharper pair of scissors so I don't mangle this thing up.
02-08-2013, 03:07 AM,
Yea it's hard to cut that stuff. I have a really good set of barber scissors that cost me about $60 and they didn't even cut it well. It's best to use a pair with a serrated edge. Even a cheap brand new pair from the dollar store can be used if you don't use them for anything else first. But serrated edge scissors seem to do it.
02-13-2013, 12:28 PM,
Ok. I trimmed the front of the base and finally located some Got2B Freezing Spray. Of course, I was questioned by a girl at the grocery store as to why I needed itSmile Anyway, the combination of spiking gel and freezing spray seems to be working well for a full bond, but its only been about 15 minutes. Will give another update soon.
02-19-2013, 08:39 AM,
Got2B Glue/Freezing spray wasn't giving me the hold I wanted so I followed Hairenough's advice and went with a ORWG bond. So far, it's great. I can't thank you enough man. Here are some pics after I bonded yesterday, slept in it, and wore a ball cap all day. This shows what it looks like with absolutely no preparation(My mirror is dirty and my camera is terrible, I know):

Attached Files Image(s)

02-19-2013, 01:11 PM,
Looks great!
02-20-2013, 06:48 AM,
It looks like a natural head of hair. There is nothing else to say about that. You must be pleased!

As your side hair grows out remember to keep trimming it so the blend stays good. I run the clippers over my back and sides for a minute every 2-3 days and my blend is always flawless. But I wear mine very short and buzzeed on the sides and back. You might only need to trimm your sides once a week.
02-20-2013, 09:41 AM,
Looks great from the pics,i wouldnt have guessed.may i ask what density this piece is if it hasnt been asked before?
Thanks
02-20-2013, 10:52 AM,
ardmore: It's a stock unit. I'm not sure.