Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduated vs. non-graduated
01-27-2013, 08:32 PM,
RE: Graduated vs. non-graduated
Hi fullcapwearer,

Getting a graduated or non-graduated unit is largely a matter of personal choice. If you are younger and/or your facial and head shape supports the "look" of wearing non-graduated units (like Mr. Burns) then by all means order them that way. Having said that, I would also say that the majority of people usually order some amount of graduation in their units.

You can specify any amount of graduation you prefer that works for you, and can also vary density in specific areas throughout the unit as well to please your own taste. (Example: Unit non-graduated with 10% more in the top/center area, and 10% less on sides and back.)

It really comes down to figuring out what works best for you. My advice would be to take a good look at the unit you're currently wearing and figure out what area(s) you would like to have more density or less density in and make notes reflecting those changes to try on your next order. Over the course of several orders you will instinctively begin to find the right variations of densities that work best for you.

Personally, I've found that most "standard" factory graduation (10-15% less density in the front and center top areas) never gives me the volume of hair I need for styling the front of my hair properly the way I like it, so I order that only the hairline area be graduated back slightly about 3 cm or so.

I like starting off with a little more density in the front/top areas because those are usually the first areas to start shedding, so having a bit more density there not only supports the style that looks best on me, but also has the added effect of making the unit last a little longer too.

Hope you find this helpful.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Graduated vs. non-graduated - Hersute - 01-27-2013, 10:39 AM
RE: Graduated vs. non-graduated - rscout - 01-27-2013, 08:32 PM