Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduated vs. non-graduated
01-26-2013, 12:08 PM,
Graduated vs. non-graduated
which one do you young 20 or 30 something guys prefer.

do you feel non-graduated reflects your age more, how often do you see people in your age group with graduated hairlines, what are the pros and cons etc.
01-27-2013, 03:12 AM,
RE: Graduated vs. non-graduated
Hi Fullcapwearer,
I can tell you that only a handful of customers order a non-graduated front. Some people can pull it off but for the vast majority of young guys they still prefer our standard graduated front. But if you want a non-graduated front you have to specify it when you order because graduated front is the default. For those newbies out there that are not familiar with the terms: graduated front means that the the hair line starts out less dense and gradually gets more dense so that you can see into the scalp about a 1/4". This is very realistic. Non-graduated does not do this and it's a 'wall of hair' although the hair line is staggered so that it's not an exact straight line.
Regards,
John
http://www.toplace.com/
01-27-2013, 05:24 AM,
oh wow great, thanks for that clarification.

is this non-graduated?

[Image: 4zzwxv.jpg]

and this graduated?

[Image: 2mnn22t.jpg]

or maybe it is just density?
01-27-2013, 10:39 AM,
Fullcapwearer. just to be clear, graduation IS about density.
Its not about the shape of the hairline.

In the picture above you can see the first section is lighter in density than further back, therefore the density is graduated.
01-27-2013, 10:45 AM,
oh ok so they are both with graduated hairline.

I think the top one might be medium-heavy density, and the second one medium density.

that is good to know.
01-27-2013, 04:09 PM,
it might just be lighting + angle.

I just felt there was a difference and that it was graduated vs. non graduated. I have pictures of both myself, and I believe I ordered non-graduated because that is what colin (aka mr burns) had.

Next time I will go for graduated then.

I just wanted to know what was popular etc.
01-27-2013, 07:21 PM,
John should I change my order to graduated then, I was using Colins example for my own but I assumed the front hairline being more like a wall was due to density.

[Image: ka4k7l.jpg]

seems pretty see through to me, or perhaps that was a graduated model.

yes I now remember you saying via e-mail the same thing.

"Colin wears a non-graduated hair line. We have very few customers that are non-graduated. Young men can pull it off. Otherwise we use a graduated hair line that allows you to see into the hair line about a 1/4". I can send your photos to the factory with you order so they can see what you want."

well the photo I sent was of colin with non-graduated hairline, but maybe it is best for my order to tell them to make it graduated.

I'm not sure if you can change the order or not, or whether you were planning to do it graduated anyway, either way it is not a big deal, I had no idea it was standard to do that 99% of the time as I couldn't re-call your e-mail.
01-27-2013, 08:32 PM,
Hi fullcapwearer,

Getting a graduated or non-graduated unit is largely a matter of personal choice. If you are younger and/or your facial and head shape supports the "look" of wearing non-graduated units (like Mr. Burns) then by all means order them that way. Having said that, I would also say that the majority of people usually order some amount of graduation in their units.

You can specify any amount of graduation you prefer that works for you, and can also vary density in specific areas throughout the unit as well to please your own taste. (Example: Unit non-graduated with 10% more in the top/center area, and 10% less on sides and back.)

It really comes down to figuring out what works best for you. My advice would be to take a good look at the unit you're currently wearing and figure out what area(s) you would like to have more density or less density in and make notes reflecting those changes to try on your next order. Over the course of several orders you will instinctively begin to find the right variations of densities that work best for you.

Personally, I've found that most "standard" factory graduation (10-15% less density in the front and center top areas) never gives me the volume of hair I need for styling the front of my hair properly the way I like it, so I order that only the hairline area be graduated back slightly about 3 cm or so.

I like starting off with a little more density in the front/top areas because those are usually the first areas to start shedding, so having a bit more density there not only supports the style that looks best on me, but also has the added effect of making the unit last a little longer too.

Hope you find this helpful.
01-28-2013, 02:00 AM,
Fullcapwearer,
I'll will contact you to discuss changing your order.
John
01-28-2013, 08:42 AM,
sounds good, I would just change it from non-graduated to graduated and leave it at that.

Thanks for your input.