Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elton John Transplant
01-23-2013, 06:01 AM,
Elton John Transplant
Just saw this artical today

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/blogs/yaho...30213.html

looks like people still think elton john's hair is transplant, this is totally false, I wonder how people got to believe it's a transplant.
01-23-2013, 06:30 AM,
RE: Elton John Transplant
I actually love to see articles like that because it actually shows how "in the dark" the mainstream public is when it comes to ht's and hp's which makes it easier to pull the wool over their eye's.

I've found that the only people who are up on things and suspect the most are other balding men who haven't yet addressed their issue. These are the guys to watch out for!
01-23-2013, 06:37 AM,
I agree Porcupine but can I also add that today's hairpieces are so realistic if done right that they even fool hairdressers, which I can personally testify to! Lol
Even the harshest of critics of 'wigs' are starting to see a nod realise that this route is not only very affordable but also a very viable option for baldness!
01-23-2013, 06:59 AM,
LTB,

How do you wear your hair? I'm just asking because of the hp's I've seen in person the ones that look totally undetectable are ones with pushed forward hairstyles where the hairline is a little exposed but somewhat hidden.

The HP's I've seen in person where the hairline is totally exposed are the ones that I'm not particularly impressed with.
01-23-2013, 08:52 AM,
Agreed porcupine, semi exposed hairline is the way to go for me. Just enough exposed hairline so peoples first impression is that hair is growing at the hairline..
01-23-2013, 09:12 AM,
Yeah Jackal i know 2 guys that wear that kind of style and it looks great. the only reason I know is because one told me and the other one I have known for so long and it is the only logical explanation. I didn't even think hairpiece with the second guy he just looked better and more healthy so i started examining the situation LOL.

I think a totally hidden hairline is suspect and a completely exposed hairline leaves little to no room for error so the semi-exposed hairline is the logical way to go.
01-23-2013, 10:02 AM,
I vary my style, dependant on mood etc..
Sometimes brushed back, sometimes a semi side parting and sometimes a sort of messy almost spiky style.
I have no trouble with exposing my hairline down to the fact I go for a graduated and staggered hairline and Swiss lace which coupled with a custom shape hairline that is suited to my age etc.. Gives a very natural real look.
01-23-2013, 09:19 PM,
I would imagine its a lack of knowledge, even in the 70's elton had lost a huge amount of hair, add to this the huge mop wig he used to wear its baffling that people assume its a HT. Maybe because HT's have progressed so well that no-one considers the possiblility of people wearing wigs thesedays, but common sense will indicate that its a wig...I guess people simply dont either care or are too lazy to do a little research.
01-23-2013, 10:17 PM,
He did have much publicized transplants at one stage, that were really bad.
Hence he was forced to either always wear a hat or cover them with a wig.

He wore a bad wig (the type people expect to see) and got ridiculed.
Then he got the new system which was much more realistic and I think people got confused.
It didn't conform to most people's idea of what a wig looks like and (as standbyme says) they didn't think or care enough to take the thought further.

The same can apply to any wearer.
If it looks alright, most people won't really care what it is. They're more affected by the fact you look better in general and have more confidence.