Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What makes you sad or down about wearing?
01-23-2013, 04:11 AM,
What makes you sad or down about wearing?
Question is in the title. Just wondered what the general consensus was about this? i keep hearing ''sometimes i get sad about wearing'' and wondered why this is. Overall i think this forum gives people a very positive view on wearing however.
01-23-2013, 06:47 AM,
RE: What makes you sad or down about wearing?
My only 'down' about wearing is that I am bald and have no other realistic option available to me.
Overall it doesn't bother me wearing per se!
01-23-2013, 06:57 AM,
Well on the whole my life is so much better wearing than without. There are way more positives then negatives. But the negatives for me are:

Negatives:
1. Having to plan my life around my attachments
2. Not wanting to do activities that involve a lot of water, a lot of wind or wearing helmets
3. Ocassionally worrying that someone will spot something
4. Having to use a lot of product to get it to look natural after the first couple of weeks
5. The cost (Toplace prices are getting higher and higher)
6. Worrying about being exposed because of hospital visits or air travel security
7. Not being able to travel as freely because regular reattachments are needed and this means no 6 week backpacking trips with friends. Also the fuss of trying to ensure I have my glues and cleaners wherever I am going.
8. Being at the mercy of the factory and all their mistakes and having to wait many months at times to get a piece that I can wear.

But the positives are worth it:
1. I have hair
2. I look great and so much younger. I get mistaken for a student all the time, but I'm mid 30s
3. I wouldn't have met such a stunning fiance if I didn't wear hair
4. I wouldn't get much, if any, attention from women in general without wearing
5. I almost always feel good about my appearance when I walk out the door
6. My confidence is much higher
7. More opportunities come my way for work and social situations
8. I can play with hairstyles like anyone else can, and try different products.
9. I don't have to hide under hats
10. I can live my life again. My REAL life.
01-23-2013, 07:05 AM,
Great responses! i'm just interested to find out other people opinions. I was wondering what kind of products you used after two weeks if it looks unnatural? and also how does it look unnatural? Smile

thank you!
01-23-2013, 07:43 AM,
Negatives:
1. Cost (£30 a month)
2. Living in fear of people finding out (my neighbours just through I grew it) I went from sly to short wig.

positives:
1. I don't have to shave my hair for sly look, life is much easier this way.
2. I don't have to bear the cold air on scalp (I live in Scotland)
3. People treat me on equal respect.
4. I'm sure I will get a good women/relationship soon with the hair, without Hair, I am not so sure and would think my relationship(s) will be sub-par with women.
4.5 If I am in a bad relationship with a woman I will tell her to go away, I will have the confidence to do so with the hair, without I will not.
5. I don't have to worry about tan, I am white as sheet with sparse eyebrows but that is not issue with Hair.
6. I am 5 4.5 but wear lifts to 5 8.5, baldness is a bad combination with short stature, the lifts fix that but I am glad to have hair when I am without lifts.
01-23-2013, 09:15 AM,
ahh good to hear about your success! wearing seems to be a 'marmite' kind of thing. people seem to love it or hate it. perhaps the idea of wearing is more off putting than the actual process. what kind of style do you wear?
01-24-2013, 12:33 AM,
The inconsitencies of suppliers/factories and stylists. The units are never the same nor the quality and the same stylist that's been cutting your hair for years, suddenly can't do it right!

The fact that I am a perfectionist probably does not help!

The fact that units don't stay great looking for very long.

After 30 plus years I still do get excited though when a new unit is being cut in and styled. Beats being bald any day!
01-24-2013, 01:30 AM,
HAHAHAHA! I still get excited too!

And of course I hear my friends with natural hair saying the same things
"I think she was having an off day because this isn't my usual cut"
"Its the same colour product I always use but this time its come out a different shade"
"I've been going to the same hairdresser for years but but just lately the standards have been dropping"

Its obviously just the nature of hair and anything done by hand.
Results vary.
01-24-2013, 07:49 AM,
Sorry off topic here but fullcapwearer where abouts in Scotland are you? I would be interested in where you go regarding a stylist?
01-24-2013, 10:24 AM,
Stylist?

I don't get this stylist thing. I just order them here, and do my own cut in + de-re myself.