Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie help
01-18-2013, 07:13 AM,
Newbie help
Hi guys,
I have been wearing hair systems for almost 2 years and got little to no experience in attaching and detaching the whole system. A hair stylist does tape on the sides and permanent glue at the back, alll I do is change the front contour and then go to the stylist for full service monthly. I am wearing a system now and was wondering if I could just send my measurements and hair sample for a custom piece since making a template is hard with my current attachment. The stylist keeps my old systems with her and charges me a lot for low quality hair pieces.

thnx
01-18-2013, 10:22 AM,
RE: Newbie help
Making a template is really quite easy to do, no matter what shape you want to do.
There are many videos on you tube that will help, and of course you can ask any questions here for assistance.
Southern guy is correct, you paid for the system so it is rightfully yours to take!
It never ceases to amaze me the underhand tactics of Hair salons that charge way over the top prices for, the majority of cases, low quality hair systems!
Slowly, very slowly at times it seems, the information is getting out there that this game doesn't require pots of cash for good quality systems or the expensive tie ins involved regarding maintenance etc..
Welcome to the world of DIY hair wearing it will be a journey you will not regret!
01-18-2013, 11:47 AM,
how much do you pay per system?

also stop going there monthly, everyone here is using Got2BGlued full bond, that will easily hold as well as your tape does, but try ORWG on the frontline for a better hold, but for the base you can totally use Got2B on your own so you don't have to travel to the salon.

you can get TopLace to make you a hairpiece by sending in one of your own, you don't need to make a template at all!
01-19-2013, 04:29 AM,
thanx alot guys.
I am paying $600 for a system and the quality is not good at all. The hair buffs up no matter what product I put in, and the base is quite thick, so I have to comb my hair front to hide the lace. One of my friends even caught me last yearSad. She charges $800 for a thinner system and calls it Rumby or something.
I would get my old systems from her next weekend and send them in.
01-19-2013, 06:15 AM,
That sounds very similar to the experience I had at Apollo. They charge a mint for the systems and when they remove them from your head they would go running out of the room with them. Their hair was very dry and brittle even when they were new. I think you'll be very impressed with the hair here at Toplace.
01-19-2013, 10:10 AM,
Lol Rumby. Is that her pet name for the lil' wiglets ya think?
Seriously though, I switched from salon supplied mega expensive thick mono lace with all round poly perimeter (top of the range-NOT) to a diy french lace piece several years ago now and am so happy saving hundreds of monies a year...plus my head looks a million times better. Regards
01-19-2013, 11:23 AM,
how does the de/re process work there, do they have you come in every 2 weeks to re-apply it to your head?

does that mean you need to shampoo it with it on (b/c that will cause shedding).

and how much do they charge for de/re etc.
01-19-2013, 12:54 PM,
yes, they do the attachment every 2 weeks and charges $65 for every visit. I have to shampoo it with the attachment on the head. I really got fed up with paying so much and using these low quality systems. Sometimes the system looks so bad that I have to wear a hat on top Sad
01-19-2013, 02:13 PM,
OK the attachments you can do it yourself by looking at what people do here on videos on hair direct what have you.

Just start doing your own attachments now, and yeah send an e-mail to TopLace with one of your systems, it's only $250 here and do you your own attachments.

you are best off to remove hairpiece and soak in a basin of hot water + shampoo, this means you shampoo your unit without any shedding.
01-20-2013, 04:43 AM,
thnx for the tips