Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Even celebrities get it wrong...(celebrity pic)
01-14-2013, 06:45 AM,
Even celebrities get it wrong...(celebrity pic)
One of the main reasons I hear from people for not wearing hair: 'I can spot a bad hair piece a mile away.' That's only partially true. You can spot a bad hair piece a mile away---the good ones you never notice. The good ones are just too realistic to tell from your own growing hair. Here's an example of a bad hair piece on a celebrity. Even celebrities sometimes have bad hair pieces. This is Tony Curtis (bless his soul) and he did not take advantage of a good quality hair piece. His unit is spec'd out all wrong and the density is just not age appropriate. Color blend is bad, hair line is not exposed--nothing is right. I'll bet he didn't have hair that dense when he was 19. This is not a good example of 'state of the art' hair systems that are available today.

Attached Files Image(s)

01-14-2013, 10:10 AM,
RE: Even celebrities get it wrong...(celebrity pic)
i wonder why PETA is not going after tony, that is obviously a gutted squirrel that he is wearing!

but seriously, i just dont understand why or how anyone can not see that "thing" up on their head looks horrid. he is a part of the celebrity scene to some degree and i would assume knows that other celebrities wear and that it can actually look fantastic...it just puzzles me

its a shame. he looks as though he has decent sides and can get a really nice look going on up there.
01-14-2013, 11:20 AM,
In short love hair, many wearers, famous or not, can be delusional with how they think they look.
I have met quite a few people over the years who wear,and wear very badly, and they honestly think nothing is amiss!
At the end of the day it is that persons hair and choice and let's face it, it does the rest of us a massive favour as the general public think that is how they all look! Lol
01-14-2013, 12:12 PM,
I can't believe elton john is not mentioned here!
01-14-2013, 12:57 PM,
LTB, i hear ya..back in the day when hair looked like what tony's wearing i guess i can understand somewhat, "better to have something, even if it looks like that or close to it, than have a bare head" and i guess guys really did feel they looked better that way than the alternative.
on the other hand, yes, there are those who actually see themselves a bit distorted and think they look fantastic..
hell there are guys wearing great systems badly too, to thick, wrong color, to low etc (hope i'm not one of those! lol)
but nobody has looked at me oddly, pics i've posted on another forum got lots of compliments and a cashier at my supermarket that i'm friendly with said "i love your hair cut! you look so dapper!" i always see you with a hat. so i thanked her and said "yeah you usually see me after work, but i'm off today"..
seen her a few times since and no odd looks from her...so i guess i'm doing ok Smile and what i do sometimes when i just throw on the hair (like if i'm to lazy and i need to cut my natural hair) i wear a baseball cap backwards which shows the front. the hairline is done well and you can see a natural amount of scalp..
01-16-2013, 08:31 AM,
Talking of celebrities who get it wrong!
Gary Numan, who had a couple of well documented hair transplants in the 80's ( the not so good plug types) has reverted to wearing, although not very well!
http://www.celebritiesfans.com/pictures/gary_numan.jpg
01-16-2013, 09:41 AM,
Damn....I love Gary Numan as an artist despite his issues with young boys. But damn, he could pull off the black goth hair style if he would back that hairline density some and add some hair to the temple region. He has that wide forehead, wall of hairline thing going on.
01-16-2013, 09:52 AM,
I'm pretty sure gary numan was intentional.

and yeah michael jackson as well, these are not necessary "bad" or "cheap" ones, It's likely just synthetic hair, NOT human hair.

I'm unsure why someone would do that,but I think it was a special look!
01-16-2013, 11:25 AM,
Amstat - Not sure Numan had issues with young boys, you may be thinking of Glitter? lol
Regards
01-17-2013, 05:51 PM,
Oh damn Matt, I totally dont know how I confused the two. Numan is miles above glitter as far as musical output and style. You're, correct! Sorry Gary Numan!