Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
knots on a black hair system
01-11-2013, 03:55 AM,
knots on a black hair system
Hi,

are knots (not bleached knots) a problem for a good supplier like john, if it's black hair?

Thank you!

Greetings,
Andy
01-11-2013, 09:51 AM,
RE: knots on a black hair system
We can do it. Black knots are tricky because they require a longer bleaching time. The lighter the color the less bleaching time necessary. A good option for black hair is the ILace base (TL 300) since the hair is 'sandwiched' between 2 layers of really thin lace and the knots are completely covered.
Regards
John
01-12-2013, 08:23 AM,
Thank you for your quick answer, John!

Greetings,
Andy
01-16-2013, 09:11 PM,
John,

What style would be ideal for the TL300?

Regards.

Oldwearer.
01-18-2013, 02:45 AM,
Knots are the only thing that lets these systems down. I've never seen a dark piece come back with well bleached knots. And usually most of the knots appear unbleached. It's very hard to bleach fabric dye out of processed hair, that's the problem. The best solution is to order a blonde front and color it to match yourself. I've done this for years and it works well. It's a bit more work when you get the piece but it's worth it to have no knots at the hairline.
01-24-2013, 04:11 PM,
@Hairenough. I have had no success bleaching black hair knots. Should I just order a blonde unit, so the knots aren't visible? But how do you dye it without hitting the knots?

Thanks
01-25-2013, 03:01 AM,
What I do is smear a cheap water based gel on the lace from the underside, just enough that it starts to seep through and pin to mannequin head. Then color the hair with a comb and then finally with an artists brush I get as close to the lace as possible. That last part is the trickiest because if you don't get the dye down far enough it will look like you have blonde roots growing through. I've done this with entire pieces and never stained the lace.
01-25-2013, 06:38 AM,
Just comb the dye in as close as you can without getting it on the base and you'll be fine. I touch mine up every few weeks and have never got it on the base or knots at the front. You'll have invisible knots and it will look like hair coming out of your skin.