Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clips?
01-09-2013, 09:09 PM,
Clips?
Does anybody use clips? Im interested in clips because of the ease that you can take the system on and off. Im aware of the cons like traction alopecia and what not. Are they detectable? I also read you cant wear hair up or tie it back because it will lift.
01-09-2013, 09:41 PM,
RE: Clips?
Clips these days are incredibly flat & light weight.
They've been improved because of so many women wanting temporary hair extensions.

They could be used along the sides & back perimeter, but there would be nothing to clip the piece to at the front, so you'd still need to use glues or tapes.

The clips themselves would not be visually detectable, but the piece may be more detectable unless it was a long haired style.
The piece would only be secure in the places the clips were, so in between you would be able to feel the edge of the base.

Overall, with the right hairstyle, I'd say clips could give you a good "look-but-don't-touch" kind of attachment.
01-10-2013, 02:34 PM,
Yeah I was thinking about that since im going with a hairstyle that is ten inches in length. I have no problems using glue or tape but clips seam to be a lot more convenient. I wouldn't consider using clips on a shorter hairstyle though, do you know any websites I can view the clips you were talking about? And also are you saying the edges of the lace would be detectable to touch or sight where its not secured?
01-10-2013, 09:44 PM,
If you google "wig hair clips" you'll see them.
They're incredibly flat and small, yet they really grip the hair.

I think the edges between the clips would be detectable to touch.
You'd only use a max of 6 clips on the perimeter and it would leave gaps along the edge you'd be able to feel.
01-10-2013, 09:55 PM,
cool I might give it a shot, they arnt expensive and I read they can be attached with tape as well. Its worth a try I guess,could be a good option for me.
01-11-2013, 02:00 AM,
Attach clips with tape? I wouldn't. Not to mention how loose tape might compromise the hold of the clips, you'll have some of the sticky side of the tape facing into your hair. Your hair will get stuck in the tape, and will really complicate removal when you go to unclip the clips. Unless you use a solvent, you'll be pulling your own hair out for sure. If you need to use solvent, you might as well just skip the clips and use tape!

As I'm sure you've discovered in your research, clips are usually sewn onto the base with clear thread, sort of like fishing line, and moved frequently to prevent traction alopecia.

I'm not trying to talk you out of using clips because I've used them too, just your shortcut method of putting them on the system.
01-11-2013, 03:11 PM,
Yeah i thought the tape thing was bad idea too, I just read about it.