Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Convention in Europe anytime soon?
01-09-2013, 06:38 AM,
Convention in Europe anytime soon?
Hello everyone!

I read about a convention, which took place in the UK in 2009
This seems like the perfect event to see how the systems look in real life and eventually get a piece right there.

Is there anything planned like it in the near future?

Cheers from Vienna, Austria Wink
01-09-2013, 08:08 AM,
RE: Convention in Europe anytime soon?
The guy that organized the conventions, who had a base in the UK, is no longer with the company and therefore they're unlikely to happen again ever in Europe.
01-09-2013, 08:45 AM,
Agree with Hersute. The guy who organised them now has a checkered past from what iv read.
On another note, for those of u who went to the conventions,did the hair really look as good in person as we see in some of the pictures?
I think iv seen one modern hairpiece in real life.Although,i think i spotted it easily enough im not sure that people who are clued in to this game would have noticed.
Thanks
01-09-2013, 10:47 AM,
Hersute and Armore are correct.
John
01-09-2013, 10:58 AM,
I went to a convention in 2006 which was held in Coventry, UK

BA, Mike McMahon and Debbie attended along with around 20 odd wearers. Debbie did cut ins for some clients whereas others met up simply to have a chat. It was weird at first but after an hour or two everyone dropped their guard and spoke candidly about wearing.

It was a good function and I think it was the first if its kind. It was repeated the following 2 to 3 years but number of attendees were dropping so I think it ceased around 2010

There were some amazing hair systems and one or two systems that were not so good. In fact the person who arguably had the worst system was BA himself. Most folk said they were actually surprised to see how bad it was
01-10-2013, 06:05 AM,
thanks for your answers; that's too bad! I'm sure there would be more than enough attendees.. :/