Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exposed hairline... Advise, please (pics)
01-09-2013, 02:13 AM,
Exposed hairline... Advise, please (pics)
Hi, everyone!

First I'd like to thank the community for such a nice forum here. It helps so much.

Well, my problem is. I'm in the middle of my twenties amd have been thinking about a hairpiece for about a year. Now I'm realizing concealers don't work any more. Along with such a bold decision as to go for a hairpiece, I want a complete hair restyling.

Could you please give me some hints on how I can achieve a hairstyle like the ones attached? What about density, wave, etc. and the base for such an exposed hairline? What whould you recommend for a complete newbie? And what durability (on average) should I expect from the lace best for the styles attached?

Thank you.

Attached Files Image(s)

01-09-2013, 08:05 AM,
RE: Exposed hairline... Advise, please
You need to match density & wave to the hair you have, not the hair you want to have.
This style wouldn't be difficult to achieve but maintaining a good clean hairline can be time consuming and not necessarily easy for someone just starting out.

To get the best advice, you really need to post a picture of yourself so that advice can be specific to you.
01-09-2013, 08:39 AM,
These photos were sent in by customer Stefan. These are from a custom order of a hair color mix of 80% #4 ash and 20% #7 w/ 35% synthetic grey. It is flatback ventilation on swiss lace with the density being medium light (his template is also designed with small temple flaps)

[Image: SS1.jpg]

[Image: SS2.jpg]
01-09-2013, 09:13 AM,
hmmm oh yeah I guess you can at the front.

i suppose you could cut it back a little, but it just goes to show how well it looks anyway form a social distance (aka not magnifying glass)

10x better than travolta his lace is all over the place!
01-09-2013, 09:56 AM,
There was a very detailed explanation of what stefan did on another site..
If i remember correctly he did the cut in himself and he also thinned out the unit especially in the front as well ass staggering it to achieve a very realistic look.
It was commented that the lace can be seen, but in all fairness this is with extreme close ups.
Keep in kind that with such an exposed hairline that sometimes no matter how meticulous the attachment or how great the lace is
You might get a hint of lace in pics from the flash, lighting etc that isn't actually visible in person.
And again, he created the graduation, maybe he over did it a little bit.but to truly judge it i think it would need to be seen in person and various lighting conditions
01-09-2013, 03:03 PM,
RE: Exposed hairline... Advise, please (pics)
I would go brushback ventilation. I think that is what I received and you can comb the hairs forward if you want with no problem, but it goes back easier if you want it to. get a sfs lace system with a back exposed hairline. That density looks pretty thick. So probably medium/light or higher. Probably more like medium density. But you need to have thick sides. At your age you could get higher density, but you need to make sure it blends in with your side and back hair.
01-09-2013, 11:04 PM,
Temple flaps rule Smile Easy to work with and totally solve the problem of receded sides.
01-09-2013, 11:47 PM,
maybe we could try the same thing with ultra lace, perhaps that is less detectable.

I believe 0.03" ultra thin skin is 100% see-through, it's just that the V-looping looks pretty weird compared to the knotting on lace.
01-10-2013, 07:40 AM,
Wow, guys, thank you so much for all your feedback!

fullcapwearer, the pictures you posted are inspiring! That's exactly what I'll be happy to achieve. I don't mind the lace being "visible" this way.

Hersute, I've attached some photos of my hair without concealer and any style, have just washed and dried them. As you see I've still got quiet a thick back and desent sides. I spend about 2 hours once a week styling my hair and messing up with concealers and 15 minutes each day, not to say about wet-weather-and-wind phobia that ruin either concealer or my style. I'm so tired of this that I'm really happy to be able to get by with a hairpiece. Could you please tell me how much time on average I will have to spend each day to maintain a piece like discussed?

lovehair, could please specify where you found the info about Stefan's hairpiece, I'm extremely interested in details.

Xeon005, what do you think about my sides and back from the photo?

Mr.Burns, fullcapwearer, I don't exactaly get what you mean by "Temple flaps".

Once again: THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY!

Attached Files Image(s)

01-10-2013, 09:47 AM,
Sorry if this is not allowed...please delete if it isn't...Stanislav here's the link

http://www.network54.com/Forum/678938/th...mer+Stefan