Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indian vs Remy European
01-06-2013, 05:16 AM,
Indian vs Remy European
I would like to ask what the difference is between Indian human hair vs. remy European hair.

it's just that most vendors do the latter, but some do the former.

is that due to cheaper costs, and what are the disadvantages vs. remy European hair.

will TopLace offer indian human hair as an alternative, possibly at a cheaper price?

Thanks
01-06-2013, 10:02 AM,
RE: Indian vs Remy European
Fullcapwearer,
There's a lot of 'smoke and mirrors' in this business. Many vendors say they sell European hair as an excuse to jack the price up--but actually it's Indian Remi. They're just pocketing a big premium from you. If the two were put in front of you side by side you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. European hair may in some instances be a finer diameter hair but we can just specify fine diameter hair from the factory and achieve the same thing. Different donors have different diameter hair. There is no extra charge for ordering finer diameter hair. Keep your money and don't fall for the European hair bit.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/
01-06-2013, 08:15 PM,
yes I agree, I was thinking you might be able to get indian hair for cheaper instead of European?

because my last vendor offered indian for cheaper than european, I just thought maybe you could look into it for cheaper prices, or a larger profit for yourself.

so yeah in your experience there is little to no difference between european vs indian hair.
01-07-2013, 04:03 AM,
This is an age old question that arises periodically.
In short remi hair is hair that has not been chemically treated to remove the cuticle.
The reason most hair is chemically stripped of its cuticle is to prevent tangling.
Remi hair is more expensive as it takes longer to tie as they have to align all the hair cuticles in the same direction to prevent tangling.
European hair is more scarce so is more expensive and that coupled with the hair being remi makes it even more expensive!
Indian hair is closer to European hair in texture but is usually chemically treated for not only ease of ventilation but to match European texture.
Chinese hair is basically fatter in diameter,actually more rounded, so to achieve the European texture it is even further chemically treated.
I have noticed that the quality of Indian hair is far better now than maybe say 10 years ago.
I put this down to a change in chemical treatments that they now use which maybe kinder to the hair?
To be perectly honest the Indian hair on offer now matches European hair very closely.
Obviously if any hair type is remi it will last longer quality wise because it hasn't been through the rigours of the chemical treatments.
My only advice to anyone is be very careful of companies offering European remi hair as quite often it is not,and unless you are very much clued up on hair types, you will get duped and be paying over the odds for what is basically Indian hair that has been treated to mimic European hair.