Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove to wash
01-02-2013, 09:48 PM,
Remove to wash
how many people wash their hair systems with your hair bonded to your head vs. removing it and soaking it in a basin with shampoo in it.

I started doing the latter after getting a lot of shedding shampooing my hair while my hair is on my head, I think the shampoo got tangled up in it a lot.
01-03-2013, 07:06 AM,
RE: Remove to wash
I wash it both ways. I attach, full cap, on Saturday morning. About Wednesday I shampoo with it on my head. Then when I remove Friday night I shampoo it again as part of the cleaning the system.
01-03-2013, 12:25 PM,
How do you shampoo without destroying the bond? Any tips?
01-04-2013, 12:31 AM,
Hi.
From my 7 to 8 years experience, heat always seems to break the bond (in prolonged conditions). My suggestion is whilst enjoying a hot shower, turn the temp down a little before you wash the unit. That always does the trick for me. On the rare occasion that it does come a little loose I normally dry the hair, and the adhesive becomes tacky again. Generally speaking if you clean your scalp properly and not leave the unit on for more that 3 weeks (for full bond) you should have no problems.
Hope that helps
01-04-2013, 02:07 PM,
Ultrahold, or water proof glue. I use Ultrahold, but a lot of people don't like that glue for some reason.