Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stock vs custom piece
01-01-2013, 01:31 AM,
Stock vs custom piece
hello,

I am trying to work out what the difference is between these two, it said you can send them out straight away, but how can they do that without knowing my template.

what are the real disadvantages to stock pieces vs. custom, other than not having complete selection of bases etc.
01-01-2013, 03:53 AM,
RE: Stock vs custom piece
You have to cut it yourself. If you know, how to do this, then order a stock unit.

By the way, are there full cap stock units, too?

How long does a custom full cap need?

Greetings,
Andy
01-01-2013, 06:45 AM,
I guess the advantage of a stock is ... supposedly cheaper prices for stock, quicker to receive..
The advantages of custom should be I guess getting the fit more secure to your head, and if you need temple flaps like me, you have to order stock. I actually never ordered a stock system before because of this reason. but I am thinking maybe i should cut off flaps from my older pieces, and just attach them separately or something
01-01-2013, 08:36 AM,
hmm ok, I guess it has a lot of excess base material then?

well the main advantage is wait time, on some sites the wait time for stock units to dispatch is merely days vs 6 weeks.
01-01-2013, 09:46 AM,
If you need a certain density.. usually lower than stock pieces come in, then you need to order custom. Stock density is really high for me, and while it can be thinned out, it's still not the same.

Also, custom means that it will fit your head better/less chance of wrinkles.

Also, hairlines for stock pieces are always a certain curve, and if you need something different, then you need custom.

Custom can come in every type of base, stock usually only comes in french lace base.

Dis-advantage of custom is the wait time. It's always good to have a new stock piece as a backup.
01-02-2013, 07:00 AM,
Folliman is right--custom provides choices in density, color, exact base size, and base material. Also, on a custom unit we can get the exact hair length you want---the stock units all have 6" hair and that's a lot for some people to walk into a stylist with. And in custom pieces we can add gray exactly as you specify it which means if you want more gray in the temple area we can do it. Usually stock colors can work for most people but if you happen to have a hair color that is mid-way between two colors we can match that exactly with a custom unit by blending the two colors. Oh, and one other thing. Some people want no crown or a non-graduated front---again we can do this only with a custom order.
Regards,
John
http://www.toplace.com/