Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Planning for the future (suggestions for 20 something guy)
08-04-2009, 05:49 PM,
Planning for the future (suggestions for 20 something guy)
Hey guys, well like anyone else I am going bald and based on my Grandpa level of baldness (a thin narrow horseshoe grown out Robert Duvall style) this is where I am headed as my Dad is almost 60 and has a Dr. McDreamy head of hair. Right now it is not too bad (somewhere in between a NW2 and NW3 on the Norwood scale if you are familair) but I am thinning out, I cannot use Propecia and I am only using rogaine (regaine) due to developing Reflex Hyperandrogenicity on it (worse than the 'feminizing' effects you read about). I think if things get worse I can use concealers for a year or two but I know my time is limited. Anyway, while I do not think a hairpiece will solve my life problems like some people on other hairloss boards think a full head of hair well, life or luck is what you make of it and I make my own luck but I think doing a system would just help me as like most people I just look better with hair.

Now here are my questions

1. Since I am destined for an extreme level of MPB, I think a full-cap is probably the best for me so is their anyway to realistically expose the hairline and have a relatively short hairstyle?

2. Even before I was balding I had thin hair that looked thin when short is there anyway to thin out parts of the hair (specifically the hairline)

3. Would glue or tape be more necessary for full-cap?

Thanks, i'll post pictures later to show my level of loss.
08-04-2009, 09:07 PM,
Re: Planning for the future (suggestions for 20 something guy)
If you search "Jrob"(he posted on here a lot), you'll find pictures of full caps. He wears it pretty short, with exposed hairline and all. Actually I'm really curious about full caps, but I'm too chicken to take the plunge hehe

Here are some pics to show the hairline: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.network54.com/Forum/241571/thread/1220885010/last-1222051848/JRobs+%26quot%3BShort+Style%26quot%3B+Full+Cap+Photos">http://www.network54.com/Forum/241571/t ... Cap+Photos</a><!-- m -->.

Hopefully this helped you a little.

Leamon
08-05-2009, 01:22 AM,
timguyperson Wrote:You won't regret getting it earlier considering how much better you can get your hair styles etc...

This is so true man! You'll only regret NOT getting a hairpiece earlier hehe! Man... you can meet so many more nice girls with good hair, as Tim already knows!!
08-05-2009, 05:49 AM,
I know the loss doesn't look bad in here but this is through clever lighting and expensive hair product
[Image: 4844_528713239264_199305572_31794193_2825144_n.jpg]

[Image: 4604_527891186664_199305572_31764300_1178099_n.jpg]

Now I just have to hope no one I know sees these posted up here :oops:
08-05-2009, 07:37 AM,
Ok man, be prepared for a bunch of people to tell you that your hair is fine as it is!

Of course you wouldn't be here if you thought it was fine, so I'm assuming that you're using a good deal of concealer and have styled it to conceal baldness. As it is, your hair looks great and you could probably get away without a piece for another while.

But maybe you could show us some photos of your hair at it's absolute worst? Showing all the thinning areas and using a flash to really expose your hairloss.
08-05-2009, 08:55 AM,
Hi,

Your hair looks great in the photos - you don't appear to be suffering from that much recession - some would argue that you don't have a receeding hairline but a 'mature' hairline that most adults develop before the age of 30 - but I'm guessing that you've just gotten good at disguising it and in fact the amount of recession is greater than the photo suggests.

I am 25 and have more recession than you appear to - I have been doing alot of research on hair transplants and hairpieces and I think that the perfect futureproof solution for people of our age is maybe a very minor hair transplant to restore any recession at the sides so that I could wear a 'topper' hairpice to restore my hairline that would form a realistic temporal point with my own hair.
08-05-2009, 12:02 PM,
Mate I will be honest with you, Give your head a shake, If you can pull that look off (I dont care what you use or what it costs) YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY A HAIRPIECE and until you do go and spend your money elsewhere.