Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Sugestions?
12-24-2012, 02:24 AM,
Any Sugestions?
One of the challenges (mental) I am having is getting confident in the front hairline. Again, I am wearing a front partial. I am using a water based glue and getting a 2-3 day hold. I ordered a custom partial that total exposes my hairline but I keep thinking and checking it all day. I ordered this style thinking I would need to in order to make it undetectable. Since it is a partial, I need to have it go straight back (using a lot of gel). My hair is naturally more curly and for my next order, I am going to order a better match and a base that does not expose as much.

In the meantime, does anyone have any thoughts on what I can do to be less concerned about the hairline potentially lifting and becoming noticeable? I know there is probably not a simple answer to this one, other than changing up the style next time but just wanted to put it out there since I am only a little over one week in with wearing.

Here are a couple of pictures. I know the quality is not great but these are the best that I could get at this point.

Thanks,
Pete

Another.

FYI - I did not style my hair yet so I know it is not looking the best. Just wanted to give more perspective on what I am working with.

Thanks.

Attached Files Image(s)

12-24-2012, 06:10 AM,
RE: Any Sugestions?
I take it that the piece is ventilated to brush back?
Or is it freestyle and you just use product to make it go back?

Using lots of product can weaken your bond, especially if it has the wrong ingredients like oils & alcohol.

A lot of people are getting longer bond times using a combination of 1 layer of Davlyn Black clear glue and 2 layers of Oil resistant White Glue.

If the hair is ventilated to go back, it doesn't mean that it isn't still pliable and that you can't bring bits forward to disguise the hairline so its not so fully exposed.
If you wet the hair and brush it forward & allow it to dry naturally, you'll find that you can still style it back off your face but it will look more casual, with a few hairs falling forward and hiding the lace edge.

Alternatively you can use a round brush and gentle heat from a hairdryer and do what I sometimes do.
In the pictures below you'll see the hair comes forward from the hairline edge of the lace before going upwards.
The red line indicates the edge of the lace.
By doing this the edge is never really exposed and if it started lifting, you wouldn't see it.

Attached Files Image(s)

12-24-2012, 06:23 AM,
RE: Any Sugestions?
Thanks Hersute. I have a partial that is ventilated and it goes straight back. I'm sure not if I can style it that way right but will definitely give it a shot. I will order both of those glues.

Much appreciated.

Pete