Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
walker ultra hold opinions
12-19-2012, 05:21 AM,
RE: walker ultra hold opinions
This is the product http://www.folica.com/hair-care/hair-gel...iking-glue Note and to avoid confusion, yes this is a hair-gel as such, but if you look at and read the writing on the container it clearly say`s ` Spiking GLUE` ---- this is not a ` normal` hairsystem glue as such, and was not formulated or designed for holding hair systems in place----someone just happened to discover that it works effectively for that purpose......it will not give you a week`s hold...... it is affected by exposure to water and excessive sweating..... whilst it does give a good firm / solid hold over 90% of the system, it tends to lift a bit around the perimeter after a while [usually after a day, depending on certain factors] ...many guys use a bit of normal adhesive or tape at the front hairline to overcome that fact. It will release quite easily in the shower without the need of alcohols or solvents.....as has been pointed out, it can leave a white staining/residue on lace at times. It certainly has it`s ` place` in any wearers supplies cupboard, but you can not take part in activities such as swimming or it will de-bond. It`s great to use when going for a cut-in, as it sets in no time, thus saving a lot of ` hassle` with the stylist waiting for coats of glue to dry , and can simply be removed afterwards in the shower. It`s well-worth having a tube of it with you when travelling too......like any product in this game , it has it`s upsides and also it`s downsides.
There are plenty of posts on here regarding it--just type it into the search-bar on the homepage and you should get plenty information on the pros and cons of it.
12-19-2012, 06:05 AM,
never thought of using tape with Got2BGlued, I'll give proflex a go.

he is right though, its mostly a perimeter issue, would you put Got2BGlued on top of the tape?
12-19-2012, 06:32 AM,
Why would you coat the tape in it ? As stated, Got2b will not hold the front effectively, therefore people use normal system-glue or tape there instead of it. There are plenty of threads/posts on the forum regarding it, AND Got2b freeze spray http://www.folica.com/hair-care/hair-pro...eeze-spray which some guys use at the front on top of the `Got2b` [if NOT using system glue or tape there] and press down with the teeth of a comb....apparently this overcomes the tendency of the edge to lift. Just type ` Got2bglued` into the search-bar.
12-19-2012, 06:49 AM,
oh ok so you use pro-flex tape on the front line instead of Got2BGlued, I have never used tape in this manner so i wasn't sure if you used Got2BGlued with tape.

I would try pro-flex tape on the front, and Got2BGlued for the base material, because ORWG has a clean-up issue for me.
12-19-2012, 07:55 AM,
Paul In Ireland what is your opinion of the Got2b Cement?
12-19-2012, 09:13 AM,
I have no experience of using it--sorry... I think Xeon005 has tried those products, so he may see/reply to this thread....in the meantime, have a look at his threads, and you may find the information there.
http://forum.toplace.com/search.php?acti...3b5ac347aa
12-20-2012, 03:04 AM,
To those wanting only a 1-3 day hold that comes loose easily with water, what if something gets in the way of your super regular detach session? Say you have to stay at a friend's house for a few days or someone close takes ill or you go for a weekend break away. Knowing my hair was attached with such a fragile bond that could come loose at any point would make wearing a nightmare for me. You can't always plan out every day ahead and you won't always be at home when the system needs rebonded if it's happening every other day.
12-20-2012, 04:12 AM,
actually it's easier to remove your system and re-attche with Got2B than it is to re-attach with ORWG!

lets say with got2B you get a 48 hour hold, ORWG you get 96 hours. once the 48 hours are up it's easy to go to the bathroom and re-apply, it takes about 60 seconds to do this and you are not penalised for not cleaning up the residue on the base material, for ORWG or any toupee glue there is a massive cleanup session and I never get it quite right, and you have to remove the residue otherwise it will stick and break apart the lace.

the main concern of got2B is how strong the front line is, for girls aggressively grabbing the hair, but those situations are rare, my new thoughts are to use proflex tape for front line, and Got2B for base material, the front line/perimeter is of the most concern to guys, mainly with girls.

but ORWG is 10x better than ultra hold.

in the event of you being really worried a girl might touch my front line a lot, in that case yeah you would need to re-apply the front line perimeter every 24 hours vs ORWG which is 96 hours.

but TBH most of these have a similar-ish hold, I just re-applyed got2B on the sides peremiter and tried 1 proflex tape on the front line, they are both round about 24 hours for a total 100% solid hold on the front line. but ORWG has been a good 5 day hold , as in I couldn't remove it after 3 days hours even if I wanted to kindof strength, you only get that level of strength for 24 hours on Got2B or proflex tape.

but assuming you're not going to be in a hurricane within a 3 day period or a girl is going to go really aggressively at your hair Got2B lasts a good 4 days

in my opinion it's easier to think of just re-applying Got2B before any heavy physical session, rather than counting the days since my last re-applying on ORWG.

so say you think you will need a really strong hold tonight, if you are using ORWG, you might be on day 3 of your hold, in which case you have a dilemma, do you forcefully remove the hair system with lace release, and cleanup the base material, cleanup your scalp, and re-apply the glue, taking 15 of your time? or just see how things go?

using Got2B it's a simple case of, well Ill just remove the hairpiece and re-apply Got2B, takes 60 seconds and I have a day 1 ORWG level hold.
12-23-2012, 05:34 PM,
I've been using Ultrahold for 7 years. I get 5-7 days hold out of it. The hairline lifts after 2 - 3 days a bit sometimes. I wear my hair really short..

I've tried basebond and ORWG before and it didn't have as good of a hold as Ultrahold does for me. I didn't like using it, and just dropped it. The good thing about ORWG doesn't have shine like Ultrahold, but that is easily fixed by wiping your finger over the ultrahold once it's dried to take the shine away.

I have all swiss pieces. It all depends on the persons body chemistry.