Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
visible line at front
12-17-2012, 12:31 PM,
visible line at front
I do have poly on lace all around. I have some hair in front of system. The problem is the visibility of the line. What is your opinion and how can I fix it. I am getting a unit without poly. How much will that help.

another pic

Attached Files Image(s)

12-17-2012, 01:15 PM,
RE: visible line at front
The problem is you're trying to keep your own natural front hairline, which is very very thin. Shave it off and use a system that goes right to your desired hairline and you won't have to worry about that line where the thicker system hair meets your thin natural hair.
12-17-2012, 01:50 PM,
this is my first system and i am also having a guy in town here that puts in on for a fair price. not sure he is doing a great job though. I think to much glue. I could never run this thing as is to the front. Once the wind blue or whatever you could see the poly. This way it is hid some. Maybe I will shave it off when I get the lace only system. See pic.

Attached Files Image(s)

12-17-2012, 06:51 PM,
In my opinion, 2 things. 1. your own existing hairline is to thin to match up against the piece's hairline. One solution would be to graduate the pieces front hairline even more, I mean on your next order specifiy a very graduated front hairline. The second thing is that your next piece should be without poly in the front. Poly allthough very good for durability and for ease of detaching and re attaching is the worst thing for hairline visability. Probably get a regluar french lace with poly sides and back with the new ultra thin swiss lace front. Since you already have someone that does the attachment for you, they should know how to blend it in. The best of luck to you.
12-18-2012, 12:12 AM,
I agree with msebas. Go with a lace front and poly on the back and sides (where it won't be visiable). We do poly on the front when a customer specifically requests it but it's usually when the customer wears a comb forward hair style and the hair line is hidden.
Regards
John
12-18-2012, 01:13 AM,
All I see is hair in those pics.
12-18-2012, 01:34 AM,
The pictures are far too huge to view properly, so I've resized them.

At this stage all I can recommend is using some concealer to thicken up the appearance at the front & disguise the join.
In the last picture I've done a mock-up to show how concealer would help.

Attached Files Image(s)

12-18-2012, 03:08 AM,
Certainly concealer will /should help at the moment-- You need to ditch the Poly-front,on future orders, and if it were me, I`d simply get rid of that front bit of hair,
and go with a ` normal` all-lace topper, or at least lace-front, rather than trying to sit it in behind that thin front...you haven`t a sufficient density on your remaining
front in order to ` get away` with it....that`s my 2-cents worth..... I just wouldn`t have the patience to be ` fiddling around` with what and applying concealers [if you are considering it]-------
they are very useful, up to a ` point`, but even if you were to still keep that front hair and go the concealer-route, and sit a new
system with a lace -front in behind it, it would`t be too long before you reach the point where you`ll have no choice but to admit defeat and shave it out of the way.
I totally understand what you were ` at`, but it`s more problematic in my view---- others may disagree, of course, but ,that`s what a forum is for ! Cheers.
12-18-2012, 04:01 AM,
Thank you for all the good feedback. I unfortunately ordered my second one 6 weeks ago but it is without poly. I may do concealer and go with a full topper on next order in March probably.
12-18-2012, 06:28 AM,
"One solution would be to graduate the pieces front hairline even more"

How would you get the right graduation. I mean how do I communicate that to Toplace? Do I just say " make a gradual thinning towards front" sound like a gamble on how graduated it will be. Just asking