Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full head bond necessary?
12-14-2012, 08:27 AM,
Full head bond necessary?
What's the pros and cons of doing a full head bond with a full cap?

How does the skin hold up (rashes, itching etc.) being completely covered with glue?

Thanks,

Lee
12-14-2012, 12:33 PM,
RE: Full head bond necessary?
Hi Lee,
Just so all the readers understand what we're tailing about--a full head bond is when the entire unit is covered with tape/glue as opposed to just adhering around the perimeter. And a full cap is a unit that covers the entire head versus a topper unit that covers only the top of the head (customer has his own hair on the back and sides). The pros of a full head bond are obviously a super strong bond. The cons are 1. longer clean up time, 2. possible itchy scalp (since the the bond will last longer), and 3. longer time to attach. Attaching for a long time has it's downside--many people feel it is not sanitary to bond for a long time. Hair Club does this with super strong glue/tape, known as a hard bond, it can last for 4-6 weeks--enough time to get you to the next scheduled maintenance appointment with them. People report 'itchy' scalps. Hair Club counters this by selling you a bottle of an enzyme called 'Alive' which cleans up the dead skin on your scalp. We believe it's better to bond for 1-2 weeks at a time then remove, clean your scalp, and re-attach. It's more work but it's also more comfortable and more sanitary. We also recommend that you test out a tape or glue before you bond on a small patch of your skin if you feel your skin is sensitive. Reactions or rashes are matter of personal skin sensitivity.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com
12-14-2012, 12:42 PM,
Thanks for the info. I was only planning just a week or 2 at the very most. With a topper I actually removed it daily so going a week was going to be strange for me!

One of the reasons I was interested in a total bond was I read a post somewhere that says the hair will last longer with a full bond since the knots are glued and you will have less hair loss.

So you feel a perimeter bond with a few extra strips of tape down the center is OK then?
12-16-2012, 02:05 PM,
I don't see much of a point in doing a full head bond with a full cap, but I do recommend using extra tape or adhesive on the top, back and sides of your scalp to help keep the unti from sliding around, which can lead to irritation.
12-16-2012, 03:40 PM,
Thanks for the clarity and input!