Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On vacation, concerned about bond
12-13-2012, 05:28 AM,
RE: On vacation, concerned about bond
Hi rashton..that tape can go very gooey ` suddenly` and the clean-up can be a right pain in the butt. How long more are you away for ? I can`t say for sure how long your bond will hold-up for you for SO many reasons......usually guys get prolonged hold-times with it under ` normal` conditions, but frequent swimming / sweating will affect it, obviously. It`s relatively easy to clean /deal with it while it`s still ` stable` ........ lace-release will free your system no problem.... I`m not sure about that `` rubbing-alcohol` you mention...is that something like ` Pure` glue -melter? -- I mean is it something you bought specifically for dealing with tapes/ glues ?? I`m also not sure what that last product you refer-to is ....... all I know are the usual / normal ones we all use......lace-release, Glue -melter [alcohol] and Citrus-based Glue Solvents, such as C-22 or Re-move. You might be best to replace your tapes while they are still ` good` for ease of clean-up....you could also maybe pick up a tube of `Got2b` glued spiking glue [it HAS to have the words ` Spiking Glue` on the [yellow coloured] tube...... just use that for your bonds but you`ll have to refrain from swimming as it will not withstand water-exposure like that.....
So , if I were you, I wouldn`t wait until -as you say above- the bond is in ` bad enough shape to have to re-do` ----- best to head -off trouble at the pass in my opinion !! Either replace it with fresh tape or just use use Got2b before it destabilises.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Texturizer? - ToplaceUSA - 12-12-2012, 04:37 AM
RE: Texturizer? - rashton83 - 12-12-2012, 07:16 AM
RE: Texturizer? - rashton83 - 12-12-2012, 09:39 AM
RE: Texturizer? - rashton83 - 12-13-2012, 01:49 AM
RE: Texturizer? - Hersute - 12-13-2012, 02:34 AM
RE: Texturizer? - rashton83 - 12-13-2012, 02:57 AM
RE: On vacation, concerned about bond - Paul In Ireland - 12-13-2012, 05:28 AM