Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On vacation, concerned about bond
12-13-2012, 02:34 PM,
RE: On vacation, concerned about bond
Hello Rashton, I have a second home in Florida and I am there 6 months out of the year. I go swimming everyday, walk on the beach with the sun baking my head, no hat!!!!. High humidity you name it,I go thru it. I parimeter bond with tape all arround and a thin layer of Walker Glue on my scalp and the piece holds on for 30 days. I know I am not the norm but I honestly get solid bonds for 30 sometimes 40 days. I had mentioned in a previous post that I was going to florida in a week and my bond was on for 30 days and I needed a hair cut. So I went to my stylist so he could do all this before I go. Well once on his chair he sent me home without doing anything because he said the bond is solid, no gooey stuff, no smell at all so why undo it. I took his advise and I removed it myslef 10 days later, not because it was comming off but because I was getting paranoid in case it would just fly away!!!!! LOL The only touchup sometimes its the front because of the obvious dirt, glue sweat mixture issues. Just to re assure you , we were playing volleyball on the beach and my cousin actually pulled on my hair quite hard for me not to make a save and believe it or not it did not come off. I was very concerned that split second but a quick check all arround and I was OK. The tape and the glue if done properly is actual VERY STRONG. Dont worry about it. Enjoy.
12-14-2012, 03:34 AM,
I lifted up the front, which had a little resistance but not too much, cleaned with alcohol and put a fresh tape in the middle. It's a little disconcerting how easily it came off so I might skip the snorkeling for a bit.
12-14-2012, 03:55 AM,
Don't be silly. Enjoy yourself and do the things you want to do.
You've chosen to wear hair to enhance your life, not limit it.
12-14-2012, 04:26 AM,
Yes I plan on it. Just worried because I don't have the experience.
12-14-2012, 05:31 AM,
Experience will come with time. The most important thing is getting that scalp clean and residu free. Also pay alot of attention on the lace. What might seem clean can actually not be. Debond at night clean up , shower and go to bed without the piece on. In the morning re clean the scalp and reclean the lace, use 99% alcohol because yes there is a big difference between 99% and the regular 70%. try different tapes until you get to one that you feel comfortable with. It is very rare that a piece will just come off, it usually gives you notices that it will soon be time to rebond. Enjoy yourself. i did scuba dive and no problem at all. If you are not 100% confident yet, just run your fingers on the front hairline to re assure yourself every now and then and you will be fine.