Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
considering a hair piece
12-11-2012, 10:02 AM,
considering a hair piece
my hair began thinning when I was 16 years old. I'm 18 now and it is really starting to bother me. I've been using concealers for a little over a year now, the combination of dermmatch/caboki produced an amazing result but its getting to the point where I have to apply so much, it comes off on my pillow and my hair doesn't even look good. So now I'm looking into my other options, and after researching "toppers" or more like "custom units" in my case, it seems that this would certainly be something I'd consider.

The problem is, my hairloss pattern is not a standard receding hairline/thinning top hair. My pattern is odd. My hairline has receded, my overall hair has thinned out (except maybe the back) and the sides of my
head closer to the front are really starting to thin. My crown area isn't bad, it can still be concealed well.

I really don't want a "full cap" so based on what I described, what would my options be? I could continue using hair fibers on the crown and wear a front
partial, but it would need it to somehow cover the sides too, is that reasonable? It would be a weirdly shaped piece.

I'd really appreciate if any advice on whether It seems like a hair system is a viable option for me.

Also ps, I may be describing my hairloss as little more extreme than it really is. Yes I apply a ton of concealer and am no longer satisfied with the result, but at the same time I don't think anyone has caught on that I'm using concealer or even balding.

Thanks
12-11-2012, 12:16 PM,
RE: considering a hair piece
If you can provide a picture that obscures your face, it will be easier to advise you.
But bear in mind that any shape or design can be made with a custom order.