Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no way this is a hairpiece!!
12-11-2012, 07:49 AM,
no way this is a hairpiece!!
so i was searching in youtube for good hair systems and just bumped to this one :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBucxfB6Lik
i doubt its a hairpiece ..no way i can have these results
12-11-2012, 08:32 AM,
RE: no way this is a hairpiece!!
There is a will, there is a way. I have been wearing for a year now and i did learn so many things.

Personally, i can achieve that look (toppers) and i did. It depends on many factors.

1) The quality of the hair (Toplace can provide you a good one)
2) The Density - depending on your age
3) Your own side hair
3) The Front hairline, for me to achieve the natural look (like hair growing out of your scalp) i always ordered the 3/4 blonde at the front hair line and i will ask my stylist to color it. That's the only way to achieve the natural look.
4) I've seen quite a few people or passerby, they have a nice quality of hair and nice styling, but the temple hair area is not right or missing. The front hairline is too low or too high. Lucky for me, i have a nice temple hair.
5) The cutting & Blending - Cutting is very important, if you can do it yourself -great. If not, you need a GREAT hairstylist. Don't stick with one, try a few until you are satisfied.
6) The Styling -I style my hair everyday. I use different products for different occasions.
-Weekdays (Work) = Wax works by Paul Mitchell, Apply to your damp hair and style. Use a blow-dryer set it to cold and blow it up especially the front. You can either comb it or leave it to achieve the messy look.
-Weekend (Social) = Hardwired by Mitch (sometimes i combine them with Wax works).
-When i am lazy to style or want to do a quick grocery = Brylcreem (very little)
- Dont forget to use your Live in Conditioner.
7) I tried using Tape at the front but it doesn't give me the natural look, i opted for Glue instead. Front = ORWG, Perimeter = Extenda Bonds tapes. Easy clean up with ORWG.
8) After you've been wearing for a year, people tends to go on their lives and stop visiting this website/forum. That's probably not the smartest things to do. I learn everyday from these people (thank you), new tapes, new styling, new products and friendship. It feels like a community! Without this forum, I probably will be that kid wearing a baseball hat in his late 20s, insecure, missing all the weddings, unable to play sports and everyday i have to think about my hair loss. For that, i am forever grateful with the information and help given here by these amazing people.

About the video - The thing is that you will always look good whenever you have a new system for the next 2-3 weeks, but the most important this is the maintenance and how can you bring it back to life (as our system doesn't provide oil to nourish the hair), the care that you've given to this system for the next 3 months or so is crucial. It depends on you.

Remember, this is only my opinion.
12-11-2012, 10:08 AM,
All kinds of guys wear pieces that look that nice. It's 2012.
12-11-2012, 10:36 AM,
I don't post about other companies on here for obvious reasons, but I am familiar with this company, and it is not fake. That is a hair piece. I know the guy in the video and I have ordered from that company before. They do make good systems. The only thing is that they are higher priced for the units--about $450.
12-11-2012, 10:53 PM,
GREAT post journeyofman!
Good info and inspirational.

Someone else on this forum said "getting it right isn't all about the hairpiece, its about the wearer" and I believe thats true.
12-12-2012, 07:51 AM,
agreed, but I think having a properly made hair system to spec and the right size, bleached knots density etc makes life a lot easier.
12-12-2012, 10:19 AM,
Oh yes, the piece has got to be right. But thats down to the choices made by the wearer.
12-13-2012, 02:15 AM,
I have met this guy personally . I got my first from them.. His hair look great no doubt, but they are looking a bit more natural in this video than they do in real... Nonetheless , as he is in the business himself, he knows the traits and wears very cleanly.

p.s.. I ordered from this company and was not very impressed from the quality of their hairpieces
12-13-2012, 04:20 AM,
He has excellent side hair density and that's the key for him pulling off a look like that. Those with thin side hair or diminished temples will never have a look like that guy's look.
12-13-2012, 11:34 PM,
CAN I PULL THAT LOOK I'VE ATTATCHED PICS OF MY SIDES AND TEMPLES POINTS?

Attached Files Image(s)