Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is another problem I have (pic)
12-13-2012, 03:21 AM,
RE: This is another problem I have (pic)
Great, use the link above and have a look for PMs at the top left hand corner of the page.
12-13-2012, 06:56 AM,
Is it possible for you to take a picture of the top of your head? Im curious what you are working with on top. If you do go for a bigger system you might not have to go for a huge system, or 3/4th but just big enough to place the thinner hair on top.

If you wear your hair back than maybe you should get the piece going backwards instead of forward etc.
12-13-2012, 07:38 AM,
Here is an old image of the top. It doesn't look too bad cos it's with flash.

Anyone know how to get glue out of hair?
12-16-2012, 02:01 PM,
I am a little bit confused but it seems like your hair is thinning at the very front and in the back?

You can order a hairpiece in any size or shape you want. Your sides seem to be good so I don't see any reason why you couldn't order a piece in the shape of a mohawk. The two problem areas with full caps are the nape and temples so if You are able to keep your own temples then half the battle is won. The only challenge you might face is the blending in the back, since the blend area is going run parallel to your growing hair, as opposed to overlapping it as a regular partial would.
12-19-2012, 04:32 AM,
Hey Forest

How are you doing? Any more luck with glues and tapes stiking for the partial.

All the best dude.
12-20-2012, 06:30 AM,
Sorry I haven't had time to read all the posts.

But whenever I have any problems like this, I just make the piece much larger.

The bigger the piece, the easier life is. I've already added inches to the sides and temples of my piece, and it has made blending so easy.

Make your piece as big as you need to, don't hold back! It doesn't really cost anything extra as you don't need a fullcap really.

All the best Smile
12-20-2012, 10:02 AM,
thanks Kevin!

I haven't had a chance to mess around cos I only kept the lace front to the partial and cut it away from the horrible thin skin part. Now I have a shaved area that this wont cover so I can't really use it yet. Not that I'm going to cos the hair line isn't graduated and look too thick.

I am getting a stock piece through end of this week and will be cutting it up and fitting it and cutting it in myself. Quite concerned about the whole affair cos I've got to see people over Christmas so I've got to get it right or I am screwed lol!

Thanks for the advice and kind words Mr Burns. I will take it under advisement!:-)
12-21-2012, 01:49 AM,
Don't worry, you'll be fine. It doesn't matter so much about the shape of the base, once it's attached and bonded well, then you can cut it in nicely and style it.

I've had some very badly fitting bases in my time (overhangs, underhangs, etc), but with good styling and attachment you'll be fine.
12-21-2012, 09:22 PM,
All the best Forest with the stock piece, I'm sure it will be fine. I'm using two partials and ready to order a stock piece in the next
weeks as I have a similarish problem - the strange thinning at the back of the head and noticed I'm beginning thin on the dome.

Still got a few tubs of concealer left so will use them sparingly on the balding dome then switch to the topper/piece.

One good thing is that the partial(s) are a good introduction to wearing. So I think it's helped a lot and will be a lot more relaxed
about switching to the full beast Wink

P.S Mr Burns your hair is brilliant, I love how you DIY with it and I'm actually tempted to go the same route once I wear a larger piece
and try cutting it myself.
12-22-2012, 09:32 AM,
Cheers guys.

My piece hasn't arrived yet. Oh shit. It could arrive any day. I've got to go out Monday night on a big one. If it arrives Monday I am gonna have to cut, it and fit it too perfection first time off the bat myself all on the same day.
SHEEEEEET!

If it doesn't I'm even more screwed cos I'm bald accross half of my head and I'm going out on a bender with some old mates I haven't seen in ages. I can't get out of it! The hat could get pulled off. Anything is possible#

Fuuuuuuk!