Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is another problem I have (pic)
12-12-2012, 08:18 AM,
RE: This is another problem I have (pic)
Can you just clarify --which bit is skin and which is lace ? That sure is a lot of money ..... apart from the density actually being too high, the hairline is non-graduated which is totally problematic..... this ` game` has cost a lot of guys dearly in a similar way to yourself...` false-starts` and getting totally unsuitable systems from these Salons [though not ALL Salons ] Was this supposed to be custom-made ? You obviously have perfectly good grounds for complaint..... and I agree with Xeon`s observation that you shouldn`t have to be doing ` advanced` things like thinning as a new wearer..... but also, don`t give up or let an initial negative experience cast you down ..... you can and will wear with confidence like any of us...just don`t let one set-back put you off.... I know it`s very annoying and frustrating, but count to ten, deep breaths and then just make up your mind not to be beaten !
12-12-2012, 08:32 AM,
Cheers Paul

It's swiss lace front and the rest of the partial covering the front of the head is thin skin!

I am undeterred. I'm gonna see what I can do with this peice. Have a practice and shortly make a template 3/4 cap or whatever it's called and send it off to toplace for a full lace system. The images of your full cap have made me think why not as it looks awesome. I think I'm right in thinking that fitting a 3/4 cap would be easier than fitting a partial or no?

What I'm gathering is I need medium density with a graduated hair line. If I make the template myself I'll know what I'm getting. My temples are OK as they are just about. At toplace's prices I can afford to have a few practice runs (after xmas lol) without too much financial damage.

Can I put a widows peak in a template?
Can I get a topper or 3/4 cap or whatever it's called and have it run a little further down the back?

Cheers
12-12-2012, 09:22 AM,
Hi forestboy, not being flippant, but you can have whatever you want really...... all systems come with graduated front-density unless you specify otherwise. Don`t stress over getting densities specified.....just concentrate on getting a template made to give you the coverage you`d like to achieve...... take your time ....be prepared for ` false-starts` with this too..sometimes it takes time and maybe one or two mess-up`s before you`ll be happy with your handiwork..... get yourself a roll of wide sellotape--as wide as duct-tape if you can , and a roll about half that..... the wider tape tends not to shrink as much as the smaller width one.
There are plenty videos on Youtube of how to make one...
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu...ye30FIfRHA
You can then liaise with John on what style /density will work best for you---just take plenty pics of your side/back hair and of course the crown....... when you have it made, just post a few pics here with it on your head and the guys will chip -in if they think any adjustments might be in order .....cheers.
12-12-2012, 10:43 AM,
Cheers Paul.

I've detached this horrible thing and now I'm quite pissed off with that lady really. £600 for the ass end of a medium sized rat.

Now I can see the lace attached to the skin and I wish I had insisted on just adding just a small lace fringe to my hair. There is no reason why it can't be done. I think I'm gonna just send a hair sample to toplace and get a stock unit and play around myself with cutting partials. Just a shame I look like a chump now with a half my hair shaved off. I was hoping for it to look awesome and go out partying new years eve. Been so long since I've been out dancing.

Oh well
12-12-2012, 12:59 PM,
THanks man for the compliment. The hairline I took a pic of was like five days old.. So it didn't look as good as it usually does because you know with lace and glue the hairline sometimes can get a little sticky and hairs stick to it.

I didn't mean to be brutal.. I just am pissed off at how those salons rip people off than give a substandard hair system. Its ridiculous. For 600 euros dollars or pounds you should have an elite system with the finest european hair you could possibly get. Thats just bullshit!

I don't know man. Honestly its subjective. If you get a 3/4th cap, I am assuming you still have to use a concealer on your bald patch in the back because now you have the thicker diameter hair system hair that needs to blend into your own hair which is kind of thin. Maybe I am wrong, but I really am not sure how a 3/4th cap would be easier. Honestly I wish you didn't have such a bad experience with the front partial.. I mean maybe im wrong but it looks like you have a hell of a lot of your own man. I feel like its a real shame if you had to shave all that off.

Only you will know best since your right in front of a mirror.. But all I can say is when i had enough hair on my head I went for a front partial till i couldn't anymore. It might seem tricky at first but if you can't get your money back for the system.. work on it, and use it a little as practice. You might find a front partial easier to deal with..

U can thin out the density of it cut some length off and rewash it with shampoo a couple of times. when hair is brand new it can tend to be puffy.. but that should settle down after awhile.

what I would do. When you wash the system.. wash the front hairs straight back and let it dry so that the hairs in the front are like totally going backwards so u get a clear view of the lace. put it between a towel let it dry that way.. When your ready to attach i think it would be easier to just put a thin layer of ORWG along your hairline right in front of it where you want the piece to attach.. than carefully attach the back part of the system into the glue. when that is secure.. being that the hairs are all back now.. u get a better view of the front lace.. trace a line with a make up pencil slightly under where the lace ends... lift up the front and put a thin layer of glue right above the line.. let it try than put down the front edge and press it down with the teeth of a comb. Im not sure the size of ur system or the shape so this is just an estimate.
12-12-2012, 08:02 PM,
Forestboy,
I can't help thinking some other issues have come in to play here and it wasn't just the piece getting you down.
You really didn't give it a chance to get used to how it looks, feels etc.

Before you rush in to another decision, spend more money and pin all your hopes on another 'solution', I think you should play around with the piece you've got.
Learning how to attach, clean and modify a piece to your liking is all part of the process of wearing.
Don't see the £600 as a total waste.
Its just an initial expense that (if you approach it correctly) will be a learning tool that will ultimately help you get EXACTLY what you want and, in the end, will save you money by avoiding future mistakes.

When I got my very first piece, I didn't have a clue what I was doing (No internet or forums in those days) and having spent what felt like a fortune & waited ages for it to arrive, I ruined it within the first 10 minutes.
In fact I ruined several pieces when I first started, but I learned by every mistake and never made the same one twice.

I think you should play around with your piece, relax about it, take the pressure off yourself and the piece and use it to practice attachments, positioning, how to thin out a piece, shape of the front contour and how to style the front.
These are all things you'll need to learn and get used to.
You've already learned that you prefer lace to skin. so thats a start.

There IS still time to turn it into something you could wear and you could STILL be on that dance floor bringing in 2013!!
Also, remember to keep any hair you cut off to use as samples for another order, because the colour match is spot on.
12-12-2012, 11:40 PM,
You are right. Other issues have come into play but that does not detract from the fact that the skin is too thick, visually and tangibly. I can as you say use the piece to practice reapplication and thinning but I can't actually wear it cos nothing I do to it will make the skin part thinner.

I am annoyed with the women cos now it's off I can see she didn't even shave the hair down properly, there are a few strands underneath the piece. I also have a bit of neck hair that she couldn't be bothered to cut off and I have tons of glue in my actual hair. Don't know if this can be avoided. Anyhow, all I know is that if it were me getting paid £50 per hour, not to mention that I had someone feeling very vulnerable sitting in a chair in front of me, I would be a scrupulous artist about the whole affair and not allow them to leave until they were satisfied. Also, although the skin part is thick and spongy and not to my liking, the actual reason it feels ridiculous at the point where the system meets my existing hair is because the is literally beading of glue in between the two areas. It astonishes me that someone can do this day in, day out, solely as their profession and be so incompetent.

I'm gonne remove the lace and practice with shaping it to my hair line and things like that. The lace part has the perfect density but the skin part is too thick.
12-13-2012, 01:55 AM,
OK here's a couple of images with just the lace cut and postitioned roughly. It's not fitted/ glued and it need thinning etc etc but it looks better IMO.

I'll keep the offcut to send to toplace and experiment with thinning this peice. Screw new year, I've got a kitchen to pay for anyway.

I'm gonna order a full swiss lace peice and make myself partials out of it and use dermatch else where. I may get lucky and be able to thicken the strange thinning area with minox and really I need to. My thinning on the crown I'll hide slightly but leave a tiny amount of thinning to add authenticity.

Peace

Another image
12-13-2012, 02:23 AM,
Can you go here & join pls? I'd private msg you, but its turned off on this forum.
http://bit.ly/QVdb2N
12-13-2012, 02:58 AM,
I've signed up. Still as forestboy