Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is another problem I have (pic)
12-11-2012, 12:55 PM,
RE: This is another problem I have (pic)
bafoons = buffoons I assume? Regards
12-11-2012, 01:41 PM,
lol i say it the way i pronounce it, I was just joking around. The full cap idea isn't a bad one. I was being overly sarcastic. I just think its cool to try the least intrusive first.. He might end up loving a full cap and the most happy with it. but at least this way u know you have tried everything first.

I feel for this guy cause I know it sucks to lose your hair, but to have weird problems on top of it can seem overwhelming. I wish I didn't need temple flaps and such a big hair system and a normal head shape.. but hey.. it could be worse.
12-12-2012, 01:43 AM,
Well guys I am thoroughly depressed.

This fucking thing looks weird as hell IMO. It's supposed to be medium density but it's so fucking thick it's unbelievable. Also the hair line is like a WALL and I can quite easily see the lace. It feels alright on but to touch it the hair line is obvious to the touch and so is the partition and it feels lumpy also.

Really really hate it is not a sufficient description. It's so much thicker than the rest of my hair. The hair line is too aggressive and almost looks black. I don't really know what to do. I guess I'm just gonna be a lonely freak for the rest of my life.
12-12-2012, 01:51 AM,
OK! DON"T PANIC!

On the 'plus' side, the colour match is VERY good and the position of the hairline is just right.

It is just the density and non graduated hairline that needs sorting out and this can be done by you.
You need hair removing cream.
You apply it in tiny dots on the underside of the base and leave it.
It will thin it out for you, but its better to do it in stages.

Right now the piece is brand new and the hair tends to have a buoyancy that makes it appear 'big'.
A few washes and the piece will settle down and may shed some hairs.
Try one session of the remover cream (people recommend Nair) and do another if necessary.
Products like traditional Brylcreme also help tame it & calm it down.

NB, None of us got it right with our first attempt.
Its a process of learning.
Its also a process of adjusting to your new look.
I have to say that the more I look at it, the better it looks.
It might just be that its more hair than you're used to, but that WAS the point of it!

Re the lace showing, did the salon cut the lace right back to the hairline and what did they use to attach it?

PS. Looking at the pics, I have to agree with Xeon that it would be ridiculous to consider shaving off all that perfectly good natural hair.
12-12-2012, 01:54 AM,
Hersute, man I've got to rush off to work for a couple of hours. I've read your post and it's made me feel a bit better. Thankyou dude,,, back in a while.
12-12-2012, 04:07 AM,
For a first go that looks really good - you're just not used to seeing yourself with hair! Even with your hairline scraped back, which is never the most flattering or undetectable look for a new hairpiece, it looks very reasonable. The colour and texture are spot on. Also, you've managed to get a piece which substantially improves your look but at the same time is not such a dramatic change that you're going to have a lot of awkward explaining to do. In short, I reckon you're 85% of the way there. You can be very proud of yourself to have got so far so quickly. I know you're going to love the change once you get your head around it.
12-12-2012, 05:16 AM,
I think it looks quite good and I agree with Baldrich`s observations..... colour-match is great [which many first-time wearers find is problematic] Rather than go thinning it yourself [ you can do so if you wish , of course] why not just go back to whoever supplied it and ` discuss` your concerns.... I`m sure a few simple ` tweaks` will help you to feel more at -ease. It`s spanking-new.... ALL systems need time to settle down/in and you`ll see a difference in a short space of time. If you decide to thin it, go very ` softly-softly` --just a little at a time and don`t apply the cream right on the actual hairline.... stay ` back` from the very front by a few millimetres.....apply the cream in small dabs [ you`ll get in in any pharmacy as `` Veet`` in the UK] ...leave it on for about 15 minutes, then rinse if off by allowing water down through the hair onto the lace..... when nearly dry, give it a brisk brush-out ..... and also ` pluck` at the hair with your fingers....wait a few days before applying more, if you need/want to....... not all the hair sheds out right away...... I wouldn`t advise thinning more than about 15 % -- you can ruin the ` look` of it quite easily if you get carried -away.
Overall, I think you should be pleased to be honest.....everyone has to ` start` somewhere..you can use this to gauge your needs/wants for the next system.
12-12-2012, 07:29 AM,
Well first of all thankyou all so much. I honestly could not go through this without forum support. It's excellent. Hersute if I'm ever in your neck of the woods I'd love to buy you a pint. Top bloke!

Right the positives.

It's not irritating me to wear in the slightest!
The texture and colour match is exquisite.
It is already not looking so big after wearing my cap.
The hair line is in the right position.
I can wear it under my cap to transition and show a bit of hair to people.

The negs

I don't think I like wearing just a frontal. There is a noticeable ridge where the thin skin joins my normal hair and I hate the feel of it and it shows a bulge. My head shape does not need any more ridges and bumps than it already has. I perhaps should have gone all lace and/or removed all the hair and replaced the lot with lace. This is providing I can find a glue that works better than this stuff.

It's too thick. Far too thick compared to my remaining hair. I can't see any scalp through it at all and I don't like that!

The lace is visible when I look in the mirror with hairline exposed.

The lace is already lifting up at the front and the back.

The glue is not strong enough. I can peel this thing off without the releasing stuff.

I don't like the feel of the thin skin. It feels lumpy/ spongy. Quite honestly I hate it.

There is absolutely no temple recession. There needs to be some, if only a little.

The hair line is too dense. Pics don't do it justice. It is very thick and looks just a tad fake. Not awful but not perfect.

My thinking is that I need to feel perfectly comfortable in this because, well I just do but also because people stare at me a lot anyway and I don't need to be worrying whether it's the wig or the craniosynostosis lol. This one may be difficult and possibly a deal breaker.

The way I am leaning is such. Be fake, be totally fake. Screw messing around with matching and concealers for this that an t'other, just get a 3/4 cap thats good quality and cover the entire area. Impossible to tear off, unlike this partial and be done with it. The hair is going to go anyway sooner or later and I may as well stop spending money on minox etc and replace the whole top and the back bit if I can.

The reason I flipped out earlier is because in honesty she did the 2 mirrors thing and even with all this hair it's no magic wand and doesn't change my head shape. In my mind it made it look worse cos it just raised the height of the frontal part of my head which is exactly what I didn't want.

Anyway these are my current thoughts, please feel free to criticise and once again, thankyou kindly for all you constructive feedback. You are all ace!
12-12-2012, 07:48 AM,
Listen man.. I can understand 10000 how you feel.. I think it looks kind of puffy and ridiculous. Where did you get that piece from? Was that from toplace or the salon? You can't let this experience deter you TRUST ME. If you want to salvage the piece.. you could probably send it to someone like debbie or do it yourself.. you can reduce the density with nair, bleach the knots etc.. but you shouldn't have to do advanced level shit just starting out..

You said you went to a salon? did you get the piece from them too? Sorry if you mentioned it already I just forgot and lazy to read the whole damn thing over again rofl. You should go back and say your totally not satisfied and have them work on it more. But I agree that piece looks like shit.. too thick. too puffy.. And its not attaching because brand new units do that sometimes. You gotta wash the hell out of it.. they usually have a coating that makes attaching difficult in the very beginning.

Don't let this frustrate you trust me. You just got a crappy made system. It should be a lot less dense.. most likely a thinner type of lace etc. You have a ton of your own hair and this front partial thing will work for you if you just regroup.. take a deep breath and go forward.

Here is a couple of pictures of my hairline.. This is how it should look when the system is made correctly.

Attached Files Image(s)

12-12-2012, 07:57 AM,
Fucking hell that look absolutely perfect. That's exactly the kind of hair line I'm after. There is no way in hell anyone could detect it.

Cheers bro.

I'm not gonna bother with the women again. She was a bit dense if I'm honest and didn't really listen to a word I said. I'll try and thin the peice myself and fit it myself in the future but I am gonna go lace as I hate the feel of the skin, it's just too puffy.

I am gonna try 3/4 cap though from toplace cos I think it would be easier to fit for one but also I'm losing hair on the crown fast and I can't be arsed with minoxidil and all that shit as well as wearing.

And btw I appreciate your honesty alot. It does look shit lol/ cry. £600 down the drain :-)

BTW she sourced the peice. No idea where!