Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everything looks like a wig
12-02-2012, 04:07 PM,
Everything looks like a wig
I would like to just come out and say that i believe most hair-wearers are unfortunately forever cursed with having the "is it or is it not" wig game, in there daily life. i work at the busiest starbucks in my city and i see HUNDREDS of people on a daily basis. There was a regular coming in for a while, great guy. name was teddy, thickest hair ive ever seen on top. short sides. I swore to the almighty this guy was wearing. And dont get me wrong, for people who are uneducated about this stuff, he pulled it off great. So months go by and its whatever at this point. Dude comes in the other day completely buzzed head. thick short hairs everywhere. no shot hes wearing (albeit hes a very blessed man) So i think that just proves the point. no one really gives a shit about hair, as much as people who dont have any do Smile Wear your hair,own it and move on with your life. I do like this community you guys have set up, its nice and comforting to know other people are going thru this.
12-02-2012, 04:11 PM,
RE: Everything looks like a wig
Its SO true!

If you fixate on ANYTHING too much, your perspective will become distorted.

Its no different to repeating a word over & over and it begins to sound odd and nothing like the original way it did.
12-02-2012, 11:35 PM,
or concentrate on the way you walk,
hardest part of begining to wear, is comming into contact with everyone you know from family,freinds,
acquaintances ,
once youre through that period, its a comforting breeze,
worst thing, the terrible attitude towards wearing,
although its changing for the better,slowly

enjoy
12-03-2012, 06:37 AM,
I think that goes away after time. ONce your comfortable wearing for years.. it just becomes part of you and you don't think about that stuff as much. I become like a regular person. I never look for wigs or to inspect peoples hair.. I don't even give a shit anymore. If i notice someone wearing a hair system now.. its because its dead obvious.. Otherwise I probably wouldn't even notice.. And I wear so.. Theres a real small minority of people out there who are obsessed over such things.. most people don't give a shit..
12-03-2012, 01:34 PM,
Hi,
Yes,i would agree,the average person in the street doesn't care about hair on others,unless there is something unusual about it.
As hairwearers we can become obsessed with hair,etc, but only because we have lost some of it or all of it,and trying to do something about it,and hence all our focus is on it.
Regards topcat
12-05-2012, 03:34 AM,
Good original post.

I know what you mean. There's a guy used to drink in the bar I worked in and his nickname was 'To pay' a pun on his bar tab and his hair. He was in his 40s with a thick and dense NW1 and he just laughed it off but was constantly asked if wore a wig, you know the type, the classic newsreader lego helmet style that sits on the top of someone's head.
He is a good guy and used to even joke about it being a wig rubbing his hair to make it look like one, and some people even thought it was.
Yet he came in with a shaved head and thick NW1 hairs everywhere as his rugby team decided to shave their heads to raise funds for the club.
12-05-2012, 10:53 AM,
So true. Your average citizen has no idea what a temple point is, could care less about age appropriate density and couldn't pick a modern hairpiece from a lineup either in person or in photos. When I first started researching this topic on forums like this, before I wore, it took me a few weeks to be convinced the photos were not doctored, or outright lies. The only toupee that I thought was real, is the old school classic bad toupee.