Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You can get caught in a Night Vision Mode on a Camera !!!
12-02-2012, 04:41 AM,
You can get caught in a Night Vision Mode on a Camera !!!
I rememeber when I use to put toppik on my head and one day at night went to my mates shop, he had his CCTV cameras on Night Vision mode and I could see my bald area on the TV where the picture was shown.

So last night I tried it with my Camcoder and changed it into Night Vision and saw my entire bald area with the system on.

TBH anything that works on heat, like in my other post where Doug Bollinger in caught on Hot Spot camera can detect your wearing.

Avoid Them !!!
12-02-2012, 04:53 AM,
RE: You can get caught in a Night Vision Mode on a Camera !!!
Ah crap. Sad

Can you post a pic of what it looks like using your camcorder? It would be interesting to see just how bad it is.
12-02-2012, 05:04 AM,
I don't think I can recall a single time in my life when I have been around someone filming in night vision. Interesting though.
12-02-2012, 05:54 AM,
We'll all be caught when they create the Wig Police.
We can run....... but we can't hide.

But...... can someone explain why the bald patch shows up?
Is it because its hotter, due to the wig?
If so, surely a hat would also make the head hotter and that would show up too?

Would there be a visual difference between a lace base & a skin base I wonder?
12-02-2012, 05:58 AM,
When it comes to heat signatures, certainly thermal imaging not so sure about IR, it is the disparity between areas of heat that gives the images. I imagine the toupee shows cos it is hotter than the surrounding areas, this would be the case on a thermal shot anyway for sure. It would appear darker.
12-02-2012, 06:01 AM,
But in that thermal video the area was whiter.
12-02-2012, 06:07 AM,
I remembered it backwards
12-02-2012, 07:13 AM,
Sorry I don't buy it. Doesn't make any sense at all why you would see your bald head on night vision mode lol. The hair system is made of hair just like any other hair. Why would the hair disappear and see scalp. DOesn't make any sense. DId you look at other people with real hair.. My guess is they would look the same as you.
12-02-2012, 01:11 PM,
I'm with you Xeon. If the camera sees heat then that is another thing but the simple night vision modes in camcorders are not thermal imaging devices, they see Infrared light. So I don't see how these can see the difference between wig hair and hair growing out of the scalp.
12-02-2012, 02:03 PM,
i can attest to the fact that thinness/baldness will show up when covered with toppik with night vision mode on..around 12+ years ago i had to use a little toppik in the back and one holiday i was at my sisters house and we were recording. later that night i was going through the vids on the cam and when i go to the one she got of me from the rear you could see right through the toppik. granted it wasnt as though there was nothing there but you could see right through it it wasnt that there wasnt enough either, because right after i deleted the vid i went straight to the bathroom and everything looked fine.

btw it was on night vision. a lot of times it is just a button and some people just leave it on so that they can record in varying light.