Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You can get caught in a Night Vision Mode on a Camera !!!
12-02-2012, 03:36 PM,
RE: You can get caught in a Night Vision Mode on a Camera !!!
every tsa agent at the airport knows your wearing. Smile you're on candid camera.
12-02-2012, 03:56 PM,
Its true that you are constantly be screened where ever you are in an airport through video surveillance and 2-way mirrors (thats why they get you walking around so much), but only by certain operatives looking mostly for behavioural indications.
Considering the amount of people passing through an airport every day, week, year, I don't think wearing a wig is an extraordinary enough fact to warrant notifying every TSA officer in the building!
12-02-2012, 05:11 PM,
IR cameras see the differences in temperature. If you are wearing a skin piece, I could see how IR cameras will show the skin material, not because scalp under it is warmer, but because the skin material blocks IR radiation so the camera will actually see it as cooler.

If you have a lace unit, IR cameras should not see anything. I have a FLIR thermal camera and this is what I see. Notice how my glasses show up very dark because the lenses are blocking IR radiation.

Attached Files Image(s)

12-02-2012, 10:45 PM,
I have got ask. Why do you own a flirr thermal imaging camera? They are damn expensive pieces of kit!

I could do with one myself or at the least could do with hiring one. don't suppose you know anywhere in the UK to hire them?

Cheers
12-03-2012, 06:38 AM,
as far as NIGHT vision.. i could possibly understand why topikk would look weird, because you got these flakes scattered in your bald head.. so maybe they can reflect the light weirdly and wouldn't give the illusion of coverage like in regular light.. But I wouldn't worry about night vision if your wearing a wig.
12-03-2012, 01:43 PM,
Here we go again, focusing on the negatives. I wear a piece it is now a part of me and if someone spots is!!!! Frankly my dear, I do not give a damn!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope I did not ruffle anyone's hairpiece....lol
12-03-2012, 02:14 PM,
I didn't see this particular thread as 'negative'.
Especially as its unlikely to be part of anyone's daily life.

I did find it interesting, and a welcome change for the usual , tape,glue,skin,lace posts.
12-03-2012, 03:08 PM,
These stories, as well as the videos about that Doug cricketer turn something encouraging into discouraging very quickly.
12-03-2012, 03:27 PM,
Hello Hersute, its not that its negative in any one direction, its just that so many threads focus on getting caught, getting outed, will it show, many threads on scanners, blacklights , ect, maybe its just the end of the week and i am tired but there is so much we have to be thankful for in that these hairpeices are amazing, they have come full circle. Sometimes a veteran wearer cannot spot a well maintained system on another person and we add to our paranoia by adding endless possibilities on how to get caught.
12-03-2012, 04:36 PM,
Oh yes. I completely agree on the 'getting caught' threads being pointless and purely negative.
Newbies tend to dwell on them and despite the good & positive issues raised in those threads, all they want to hear are the stories that reaffirm their worst fears.

I was interested in this thread because of the science involved and as I said, the unlikelihood of it impacting upon my life.
Likewise, I doubt I'll ever be playing any kind of contact sport at an international level, in a public arena watched by millions, so the Dougie video doesn't represent an immediate threat or possibility to me at the moment!
It does however, confirm why I wouldn't broadcast my wearing to just anyone.