Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As you get older.......
12-01-2012, 06:48 AM,
RE: As you get older.......
I hear ya on that forestboy, I'm 40 now and it seems like just last week I was your age.
12-04-2012, 08:33 PM,
i'll wear and keep it age appropriate until either an effective treatment for hairloss comes or i turn about 50.
12-04-2012, 10:39 PM,
Ha! Not sure how old you are Fate, but when I was younger, I used to tout the age of 50 as the cut off point for lots of stuff.
Having reached 50, lots have things have changed, but my desire to look presentable hasn't.
I'm now saying 60, but I dare say when I get to that age I still won't be willing to hang up my wig!
12-05-2012, 10:38 PM,
I am over 50 too and feel the same as I did when I was 20. I aim for 90 before I let everything go!!
12-06-2012, 01:10 AM,
I have no idea how I will feel about hair in 6 months never mind 20 years, but I am enjoying the temple pieces that I have at present.
The cleaning process is easy at moment and it's two small partials, but I am not looking forward at all to doing a whole one which I will no doubt have to do.

Right now I feel happy too with the hair and do feel younger. In an ideal world I would have hair, but for cost and results this is the best solution for now. I have toyed with shaving before too and although I am not ruling it out, I do prefer having hair but maybe at 45 my priorities will have changed and I won't be as bothered about hair.
12-07-2012, 12:43 AM,
I've been wondering if your dad has lost his hair or your brother would that make someone be more aware of your hair especially if you have lots of it.

My dad has good hair and I think most people assume you follow your Dad...that's of course not true, but it certainly makes your chances of not having MPB better but theres no assurances. Its strange the more I look around my friends and people I live near its quite surprising how many dont follow their dads.

I remember reading someone on a hairloss forum state they'd be pissed if their dad had great hair and he didnt, but I'd prefer a dad with great hair...it gives you more of a chance of having good hair even if you do lose some imagine if your dad was bald too you'd probably be much worse off, and like I said because my dad has great hair no-one expects me to go bald so if I wear a piece it would get fewer people anaylising it.

This point was backed up when I went to a friends wedding, his hair was thinning but his dad and brother had lost their hair and his brother kept talking about his hair stating that his brother will follow suit so obviously unfortunately for him if he wore I'm not sure he could really get away with it unless he did it very early before any noticible loss.
12-07-2012, 01:37 AM,
I think I'm right in saying that baldness is inherited from your mother's genes and so you have to look to that side of the family to see a pattern. (male baldness pattern!)

But now with genetics being understood better by science, that theory may have changed.

PS. My father had thick jet black hair up until he died aged 50 and my brother has thick coarse curly hair.
I on the other hand have fly-away dead straight bright blonde hair!
It makes me wonder about my mother and her activities in the swinging 1960s!